• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Frying with salad dressing?

I just wanted to know if it was possible to fry foods, meats, peppers, etc with different types of salad dressings?

Also can salad dressing be heated or microwaved?

There is a couple of things I'm thinking of, I know there are some hot and spicy salad dressings out there, but I've never been a big salad guy, but was wondering if I could use them in some nonconventional cooking ways.

Anyone know if this is possible, also what about creamy style salad dressings, can they be fried with or cooked with?

SM...you can fry with just about anything. I am guessing that you are talking about an oil based ala italian or some such. Be mindful when it gets up to temp there is a huge spatter factor as the water or vinegar will be boiling off. Not a good thang'. Not worth the effort or the clean up in my opinion.

Cheers, TB.

Ok, I laughted my ass off at the visual that popped into my head when I read the tittle.

Frying (besides the normal definitions) is slang for being high on acid. Now, take a look again at the title and tell me it doesn't give you come funny thoughts.

imaguitargod said:
Ok, I laughted my ass off at the visual that popped into my head when I read the tittle.

Frying (besides the normal definitions) is slang for being high on acid. Now, take a look again at the title and tell me it doesn't give you come funny thoughts.

Had not thought of it, but yea, I did start laughing thinking about it.

Mmmm, Brain Salad.

dylan_poster.jpg

You're better using it as a marinade.

dressing can be cooked with but the problem with alot of dresings is that they have alot of junk in them to maintain there look and to stop seperating ect.

they will be safe to eat if thats what you are wondering .

I am still a fan of alot of sauces mixed with ranch!!

Back