• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Fun/productive pepper crosses

Wondering if you guys can share some ideas on which peppers I should cross: I've been growing peppers for just a couple of years and I want to start experimenting with pepper crosses.

I'm sure many of you have tons of experience so it would be great if we could together work on a list of crosses that have ended up being great producers for you, or maybe just weird, fun looking peppers.

As of right now, these are the peppers in my garden, any experience crossing these? Any recommendations maybe?

- Bahamian Goat
- Fatalii Yellow
- Papa Joe's Scotch Bonnet
- Pimenta da Neyde
- NuMex Twilight
- 7 Pot Brain Strain Yellow
- Jalapeño
- Naga Jolokia Purple
- Hungarian Hot Wax

Of course, also looking forward to just read from your previous experiences crossing peppers even if they're not in my list!

Thanks! :dance:

I was thinking of crossing a White Bhut Jolokia with a Trinidad Scorpion to make something similar to Jay's Peach/Red Ghost Scorpions but only white [emoji14] tried looking stuff up about it havent seen anyone cross those 2 specifically and I think the pods would look crazy killer, only thing is I'm still a novice that hasn't started his first crop yet [emoji14] Be cool to see it made tho

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Also another cool one is there's a YouTube video by Chase The Heat's Johnny Scoville and he gets a "Ghostly Jalapeno" pod that's a Bhut Jolokia x Jalapeno and it looks crazy devilish looking too, so crossing a white Bhut with a jalapeno would have a crazy looking pod too I'm sure [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I love this idea, but the truth is many crosses are simply insect cross pollinations like the famous Wartyx. There is nothing wrong with that as bees can work some awesome magic and always have been able to do so. The problem however is trying to determine which pollen was used by the bee. Most bees are tight lipped with that information. Best to make your own crosses and take the time to understand how genetics works.

Back