• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fungal disease?

Anybody know whats up? Do I need some anti fungal spray? It seems a fair few of my chinense plants have this blackening then drying up leaves...

P090309_2153.jpg

P090309_2154.jpg

Sorry for poor quality. Second pic you can just make out end of leaf

Chris

Is it just the tips of the leaves turning brown? That's usually some sort of environmental stress like too little or too much water, or over fertilization. Are any of the leaves falling off?

Thanks pam, they are in the shed and have heat from an envirolight during the day and a oil filled radiator at night.
They are in a bubble wrap chaimber and minimum temp goes down to room tempreture although before bubblewrapping they did have a few cold nights (4 - 5 days ago)
They have not been receiving any ferts yet but hard tap water so I've just now switched to rain.

It only appears to be the ones that were sown in peat pots???

These ones have only just started getting it but i had a problem with a more adolesent plant doing the same to the extent of the picture before falling off. Had to remove most leaves as they were doing the same.

DSCF0671.jpg

The whiteness on the leaf is just hardwater deposit.

What does it mean when leaves curls downwards? Many are very slow growing and it all leads back to the peat pots!

Chris

Did you break up the peat pots at all before you planted them? I know they're supposed to decompose, but, in my experience, they do so slowly. Potawie was talking else thread about monitoring the pH in the peat pellets he uses. It's not something I've ever thought about doing, but I wouldn't lightly toss aside any advice he gives.

I didn,t break them up :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice and I guess all I can do now is let them get on with it.

Chris

Back