• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fungal leaf spot

It looks like we have fungal leaf spot on our weeping mulberry. My peppers are about 10 feet away. Can this affect the peppers or is it a tree only disease?

Peppers get very few diseases, and none of them are related to the fungus attacking your mulberry tree. Have no fear, your peppers are safe!

I guess your noticing my paranoia about my peppers. It's just that our growing seasin is fairly short and there is such a long time until next season if something happened. :(

No worries at all man. I understand your paranoia. I flipped out when my plants were seedlings every time I saw a spot on a leaf, or a plant looking a bit yellow! Until I realized how few diseases peppers really are susceptable to, I worried all the time. Then I asked a few people at work (I work in a Plant Pathology lab) and they told me to chill! Even with a short season, I'm sure you'll be blessed with pods a plenty. And you can always bring plants inside to extend your season if need be. Keep us updated on those plants of yours Chillilover, and as hard as it is, try not to worry too much. Chiles are tough plants, and they can handle almost anything you can throw at them.

Another paranoid question. My dad has a garden pond that is pretty stagnent. He started dipping the watering can in to water some of his plants. Can any bacteria in the pond hurt my plants or cause a disease when I use the can now?

Back