• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fungus gnats everywhere

I've been having a fungus gnat problem for a while. They love it when I water from the top, but I had to do that a few times after transplanting. How can I get rid of them??

Mosquito dunks work well, basically just throw one of them into your watering bucket and water from there. This will only kill the larvae, but since their life cycle is so fast, if you interrupt them at the larvae stage they will be gone in a week.

Ok, I'll pick up some mosquito dunks today. So I just leave one of the dunks in my bottom watering container and it will get sucked up into the soil after a while? Or should I let it sit in a watering tin and then pour it on the top of my soil?

+1 on the mosquito dunks. If you want to get rid of the big ones fast try spraying them with neem oil. Other than that the mosquito dunks are your best bet.

Yep, multiple waterings with mosquito dunks for a good 2 weeks, worked for me.

Have some prepared well ahead of time and try to use dechlorinated water since the bacteria in the dunks won't reproduce as fast with chlorine. Probably not a big deal otherwise though.

Back