• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Funny story about a pepper I gave my friend

I gave a friend a couple of Scotch Bonnet peppers and one ripe Thai Dragon yesterday.
He tells me today that a friend of his ate half of the Thai Dragon in one bite and said it had good flavor and then after a couple of seconds he started saying it was hot, very hot. He then runs to the bathroom and throws up. What a lightweight! :rofl:
They are among the hottest of the non super hots that I have ever had but come on!

Hard to condemn your friends friend not knowing if he has ever had any exposure to hot peppers or to what extent in the past  vomiting after consuming a hot pepper is the stomachs reation to what it preceives as poison. Eating a really hot pepper on an empty stomach can also render a reation you may not normally experience.

On the other hand, if this friend of a friend was one of those kind that goes around procaiming "theres nothing so hot that I cant handle it, I can eat anything"    then the gigs up. he is fair game and then some. Some of my B Ts are reserved for attitudes like that.

HP22BH said:
Hard to condemn your friends friend not knowing if he has ever had any exposure to hot peppers or to what extent in the past  vomiting after consuming a hot pepper is the stomachs reation to what it preceives as poison. Eating a really hot pepper on an empty stomach can also render a reation you may not normally experience.

On the other hand, if this friend of a friend was one of those kind that goes around procaiming "theres nothing so hot that I cant handle it, I can eat anything"    then the gigs up. he is fair game and then some. Some of my B Ts are reserved for attitudes like that.
I agree with you completely. There is one guy I know who was saying that he's eaten the worlds hottest pepper and that he could eat anything. My 7 pod giant plant disagreed with him. Strongly.
However giving it to someone who doesn't know what will happen, or who doesn't want to eat it, DON'T DO IT. That's the kind of thing that will get someone like Duffy REALLY pissed at you.

I have seen it written on here somewhere, "respect the pod".  I always have to some extent, but no more than I do now after my brief tango with brown moruga.

Back