Gaining insight before starting a food business

It looks like I posted before finishing. But I'm just here to understand what goes into starting a food business. I'm looking to sell a curry sauce, similar to the sauce on Indian butter chicken. Once I'm established in that, I'll add some other Indian cuisine items.
I'm currently really trying to figure out how I would strain large quantities of sauce, in a time efficient manner. A metal strainer will take too long for a commercial business.

Welcome to THP!

There are a couple tutorials here that might help-

About food biz here-

For the strainer, look into commercial sieve machine. There are machines that will sieve out tomato skins and seeds leaving only juice and flesh. You will need to do research as to what machine will work for your application. There are base models available from places like Harbor Freight, all the way up to $8k Robocoupe.

Good Luck and Have Fun! Again...WELCOME!
salsalady

Welcome to THP!

There are a couple tutorials here that might help-

About food biz here-

For the strainer, look into commercial sieve machine. There are machines that will sieve out tomato skins and seeds leaving only juice and flesh. You will need to do research as to what machine will work for your application. There are base models available from places like Harbor Freight, all the way up to $8k Robocoupe.

Good Luck and Have Fun! Again...WELCOME!
salsalady
Thank you! All of this info is great, I'm checking it out now and looking into the commercial sieve. 😃

1680742373262.png

It looks like I posted before finishing. But I'm just here to understand what goes into starting a food business. I'm looking to sell a curry sauce, similar to the sauce on Indian butter chicken. Once I'm established in that, I'll add some other Indian cuisine items.
I'm currently really trying to figure out how I would strain large quantities of sauce, in a time efficient manner. A metal strainer will take too long for a commercial business.
Probably gonna be best to work on formulatiom/marketing and leave that up to a co-packer.

Back