• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Garden Grow

Hey! I hope you are all having a good start of the season. Loving this warm weather so far. 

First year having an in-ground garden. No longer living in the NJ pine barrens with that awful sandy "soil". Living right out of Philly these days and the soil is nice clay. Peppers seem to love it. 

Seeds sowed mid March. Started seeing hooks in April, and they hit dirt the day before Mother's day. 

This year, 
Aji Jobito x2
PDN x Bonda White
PDN x Bonda Purple 
NuMex Lemon Spice
NuMex Sunrise
Cappuccino Bonnet
7 Pot Cinder
Aji Painapple
Bubblegum Pumpkin
CGN 21500
Aji White Lightning Bolt
Serrano
Jalapeno
Lemon Drop
Purple UFO
Scorpereno
Aji Dulce
Aji Pineapple
Pasilla De Oaxaca
Sugar Rush Creme
D3 Hogsweed

It's also my first year expanding to other veggies. Lots of volunteers came up through the compost pile, so anything that I could identify got planted too. So far, I've scavenged a potato, 2 kinds of squash, 3 tomato plants, an onion and two scallions. I planted carrots, lettuce and radishes in some pots this week. 

Time for the pictures. 

Here's my compost pile. It was here when we moved into this place at the end of last summer. It's been great to spread just about anywhere. Flowers and veggies love it. It's crazy how much can go into the compost instead of being thrown away. 
3xZlFcV.jpg

Here's a shot of the garden today before some rain. Spread a little compost and did some light weeding. The bind weed is non-stop. The grass went to seed before we moved in last year and that is seemingly neverending too. It's something I'm working on. 

kMJK6br.jpg

Second smaller garden that all the extras got shoved into. I figured I'd see what they do. 

h8sHdWM.jpg

Some nice purples. 

fllSAAM.jpg

XsEKEYs.jpg

All the volunteers and a couple tomato plants my neighbor gave me went into some fabric pots from last year. I really liked these. If you haven't tried them I do recommend. 

QC6aEaK.jpg

First tomato flower. 

f22y6yR.jpg

Overwintered c. pubescens that is doing well in the ground. 

g9syhIA.jpg

Have a chill day yall. 

Just got back from a little vacation. Had a neighbor watering for me but the grass really took over. The previous owners last year let the yard go to seed before we took over. It's been a pain in the butt but I should have done more weeding before I left. 
9qNJlOH.jpg

Here's hogsweed starting to throw some pods. 
EMEZ8gH.jpg

NuMex Sunrise putting out a couple too. 
vuljGhv.jpg

Here's a yellow manzano I overwintered. Only got 1 pod off of it last year. It was in a growbag. Here it is in April after sitting outside too long and getting snowed on. 
d5NNeB5.jpg
Here's today.
lXQQquq.jpg

How's your purple ufo coming along? I have two phenos, one looks right the other is still a cool pepper. They look cool while ripening.

20180707_111427.jpg

peppamang said:
Potatoes in growbags starting to flower. 
39WapnV.jpg

Tomatoes doing well too. 
WV6Tahv.jpg

Funky fruit on this tomato -
VtBN3ke.jpg

Plucked a few radishes too. Spiciest radishes I've ever eaten. 
TXeeDHA.jpg

All the leftovers in the secondary garden doing well too. 
14sQ9i3.jpg

Cheers
You gotta stop letting the radish hang out with the hot peppers [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walchit said:
How's your purple ufo coming along? I have two phenos, one looks right the other is still a cool pepper. They look cool while ripening.

attachicon.gif
20180707_111427.jpg
Purple UFO is doing well! No peppers yet, but I'll keep you posted. How's the flavor and heat? I really only decided to grow it because it was purple haha. 
Beerswimmer said:
Looks great! What kind of radishes are they?
Thank you! I have no idea to be honest. I'll look around to see if I still have the package anywhere. 
Sinn said:
You gotta stop letting the radish hang out with the hot peppers [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
haha! They're hot like wasabi. My tolerance to whatever is in these is way lower than peppers because my nose drips. 

Little update...
T3GK9gW.jpg

Got most of the big weeds out, now just time to cut all this crabgrass out. 

rhqX7VL.jpg

Real fuzzy. I germed a whole tray of wilds and rare varieties but I ended up dropping them before they hit dirt. I don't know what was what but whatever survived got planted. Here's another. 

otHBoLS.jpg

Real tiny little thing. I like the leaf shape. 

veT09W6.jpg

Sugar rush creme getting ready to explode. 

BANgHjy.jpg

cheers 

peppamang said:
6nIQZ5y.jpg
RtRtdPG.jpg

What do you think? I've never grown Purple UFO before. I'm thinking it probably got crossed. 
Sorry I missed this. Mine are either crossed or unstable. They get soft really fast after you pick them too

Back