• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Garden Layout / New Member

Hi all,

Just joined the forum! I guess I'll share a picture of my indoor setup and grow list before I ask my question.

IMG_20150315_111117_zpswmvt5hy1.jpg

Grow List (75 Plants)
Aji Habanero
Peter Pepper
Orange Starfish
Naranja Picante
Renkli Aci
Bih Jolokia
Red Bhut Jolokia
Hot Paper Lantern
Hot Fingers
Yukari Bakan
Bolivian Orange
Carolina Reaper
Orange 7-Pot

So here's the question: does anyone have any opinion when it comes to organising a garden based on species? I have chinense, annuum, and baccatum in this mix and i'm going to be building my raised beds agains the wall of my home. The plants will be 2 or 3 rows deep, and the garden about 12 feet long (no, i'm not planning on putting all 75 plants there!)

I'm not sure of the growing habits but I would like to have them slightly crowded so that they support each other in the wind, and I would like the lowest plants in the front row of the raised beds.

Does anyone have any opinions as to ideal spacing and the growing habits of chinense vs. annuum vs. baccatum?

Cheers

:welcome:  to THP, nastafarian! Looks like you're off to a good start. I love the "?" on the one cup! Watch out for this guy^^^. He is freakin' :crazy: !

Nightshade said:
I always put chinense front annuum middle and baccatum back

This makes sense to me. :cheers:

TrueNorthReptiles said:
I love the "?" on the one cup!
Haha thanks! I stumbled while carrying my pellet tray to where I potted my seedlings, and a couple got mixed up.

I figure it will be fun to try and identify the ? plants before the pods set...

nastafarian said:
Haha thanks! I stumbled while carrying my pellet tray to where I potted my seedlings, and a couple got mixed up.

I figure it will be fun to try and identify the ? plants before the pods set...

I think most of us have a "?" cup or two each season. :cheers:

Back