• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Garden warfare

dash 2 said:
Hey, D3monic. Have you ever seen the episode of "Married with Children" where Al tries to start a vegetable garden?
I forget but will be sure to google it later. Loved That show.

Great clip.  Man I loved Married With Children.

As an update, it's been a week and absolutely no sign of that little turd or any others in the backyard for that matter.  Seems that Liquid Fence stuff is doing the job.

It lasted for like 2 weeks for me, too many rains. I shot the last one I seen in the ass. Didn't kill it but I sure haven't seen it in my yard again. 3 live across the street. 

EliteMcScruffin said:

The yard is fenced in by a brand new fence.  I checked the area it fled from the enforcer (German Shepherd) and there was about a 3 inch gap under the fence.  I think I'll fill that in but doubt it will stop them for long.

Piles of fist+ sized rocks, extended some distance out from the fence will keep them out, at least for a while
Probably better is burying a ~12" strip of chicken wire along the base of your fence (and tacking the top to the bottom of the existing fence posts.)  Even then, occasional inspection is a good idea, lest the varmints begin a large scale excavation project..

Popping one with a BB gun won't keep his friends away, and god help you if your other half spots a lame rabbit limping around with a festering projectile lodged in its leg.
EliteMcScruffin said:

The yard is fenced in by a brand new fence.  I checked the area it fled from the enforcer (German Shepherd) and there was about a 3 inch gap under the fence.  I think I'll fill that in but doubt it will stop them for long.

Piles of fist+ sized rocks, extended some distance out from the fence will keep them out, at least for a while
Probably better is burying a ~12" strip of chicken wire along the base of your fence (and tacking the top to the bottom of the existing fence posts.)  Even then, occasional inspection is a good idea, lest the varmints begin a large scale excavation project..

Popping one with a BB gun won't keep his friends away, and god help you if your other half spots a lame rabbit limping around with a festering projectile lodged in its leg.

Back