• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Gassin the family

Pepper gas anyone? Lol

5kpxywS.jpg

Looks good! 
My wife makes me limit my dehydrating to either the outdoors or while she's traveling.  :rolleyes:

Lol.. krissy sat there and pulled stems off for me.. she is a good sport. She did make me turn the AC off and open the windows tho

Im hoping removing these ripe ones get some of my greens ones ripening. Michigan doesnt have all that much grow time left

Daaaaaaaaayum that's a beautiful sight. Reminding me to get started on my own pods. I've been stocking the freezer waiting for my wife to be gone for the day but no luck there. I'm gonna have to do something soon.

Next round.

Top row, left-to-right; (Not) Peach Jay's Ghost Scorpion, (N)PJGS, Red Bhut Jolokia, Red Bhut & Butch T.

Bottom Row, left-to-right; (Not) Peach Jay's Ghost Scorpion, (N)PJGS & 7-Pot/King Naga/Brown Large Scorpion cross & King Naga short & Brown Large Scorpion, Red Bhut Jolokia, Butch T.
IMG_20150922_142240280_HDR.jpg

With eight trays, I can do maybe 400 pods at a time. Usually takes at least four days to fully dry them.

Looking at my plants, I would estimate at least a thousand pods remain, maybe more.

I have several weeks of dehydrating left...

And... another round:

Top row, left-to-right - Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, CBJ, CBJ & Orange(ish) Brainstrain.

Bottom row, left-to-right - King Naga short, King Naga long, Red Brainstrain, Yellow Brainstrain & Peach (Not) Peach Jay's Ghost Scorpion.

IMG_20150925_134535459.jpg

Only seven trays, I have a dozen or so from the last batch that did not get crispy dry, so they are finishing off in the eighth tray.

More next week when these are done.

Its a beautiful thing ( PEPPER GAS L.OL.) !  Both my dehydrating haven't been off for a 2 months .  their slowly winding down now . just in time to tidy up the yard , do some fishing , and watch some FOOTBALL !       :onfire:

moruga welder said:
Its a beautiful thing ( PEPPER GAS L.OL.) !  Both my dehydrating haven't been off for a 2 months .  their slowly winding down now . just in time to tidy up the yard , do some fishing , and watch some FOOTBALL !       :onfire:
I am just ramping up with the dehydrating.

Next comes the bad part; flaking all those dried pods.

I bought three dozen pint Mason jars, and one dozen quart Mason jars. Should be enough, I hope.

I will post pics of the finished product.

great ! just enough to keep you warm till next year !. i food saver it and put in the freezer . keeps fresh for years !   everything from last year is as fresh as the day i ground it !    :onfire:

Back