• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

George's yokohama burning 2017

A bit late to the game getting my glog post up this year. Started as head brewer at a new brewpub in yokohama this year and its been flat out.

Bit more of a high tech grow this time around. Using rock wool, as well as a 147w LED light rig.
Loving rock wool and not messing about with soil for seeds that might not even germinate.

0OsPI3M.jpg

pDIlaMC.jpg

At5MJCA.jpg

Xb8tYmA.jpg

POpUzmH.jpg

georgej said:
 Started as head brewer at a new brewpub in yokohama this year and its been flat out.

I'm supposed to be going to tokyo in june if i can pass my remediation course 1st try. can I come visit your pub and brewery? 

BigB said:

I'm supposed to be going to tokyo in june if i can pass my remediation course 1st try. can I come visit your pub and brewery? 
Of course!

Brewery name is TDM 1874 - based in tokaichiba (which means ten days market in Japanese, hence the TDM. 1874 is when the parent company started)

Yes, good question.

Varieties are:

Yellow Bhut
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Brown Egg
Jays Red Ghost Scorpion
Freeport Orange Scotch Bonnet
Aji Jobito
Charapita
Prik Kee Noo
Aji Pineapple

Possible extras are 
Serrano and red devils tongue. not had any luck getting serrano to sprout so far but try again!

Limiting myself to 10 varieties this year

Only used rock wool once, wasn't a huge fan. But again it might have been user error seeing as I was mich younger and I didn't have the best see up HAHAHAHA looks awesome. Good luck.

Rockwool and LED is workin real good. need to be careful about keepin plants hydrated enough, but it beats doing starts in soil and seeds not sprouting anyway.

I'm still in containers on the veranda. I'd love an allotment but just no time, especially now! Too busy at the brewery.
Wifey and i are planning to move next season and want a house with some in round space and ideally a roof garden too (i cant get tomatoes to like being in containers, Japanese summer is brutal for tomatoes, but the chillies love it)

georgej said:
Rockwool and LED is workin real good. need to be careful about keepin plants hydrated enough, but it beats doing starts in soil and seeds not sprouting anyway.

I'm still in containers on the veranda. I'd love an allotment but just no time, especially now! Too busy at the brewery.
Wifey and i are planning to move next season and want a house with some in round space and ideally a roof garden too (i cant get tomatoes to like being in containers, Japanese summer is brutal for tomatoes, but the chillies love it)

Cool! Glad you found a system that works for you when time is in such short supply. Good luck with finding new digs with enough of a yard to do some planting in it. Cheers G!

Back