• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds germinating seeds

I have gotten some seeds (and waiting on more), I planted some cayennes and caribbean reds (bought seed packs from lowes), and some black pearl chillies (from reimer seeds). I planted those on friday april the 15th. and on saturday april the 16th I planted some devils tongues, and white habs(also from reimer), I have some bhut jolokia seeds that should be here tomorrow april the 20th (from amazon.com), and I ordered some trinidad scorpions (from pepperlover.com)... I planted the seeds I have received so far in a heated jiffy seed starter. so here is my concern (and it may be nothing) I have noticed that the cayennes and caribbean reds have some teeny little sprouts just poking out of the seeds... and i know it has not been long enough yet but the black pearls, devils tongues, and white habs have nothing.. after reading a little I found that reimer seeds isn't exactly a good supplier of seeds, but be that as it may, if the pearls, devils tongues, and white habs do germinate, when could i expect that to happen and when should i toss them? And, since I have not gotten the bhut or the scorpion seeds yet what would be the recommended way to germinate them, i REALLY want those to grow!!!

Thanx in advance for the help!

-Nick

make sure the heat is like 75-95 F using any method works. people here have germinated those seeds in many ways. search the forum and you will find good resources.

Seeds are going to germinate at very different rates. 7 days to see the hooks coming up is very normal, some take much longer. Chinese species generally take longer. If you're getting hook already you're doing good.

Pictures are always helpful when you have questions.

You will find Reimer is an unreliable chile seed purveyor . Do a search for Reimer seeds and you will see what I mean.

Yeah not a big fan of Reimer. had really low germination rate to none in some cases. people claim that they mislabel some of their seeds. maybe, I wouldn't know... mine didn't really germinate.

Yeah... I saw some of the thoughts of reimer... Hopeing just one or two of my black pearls, devils tongues, and white habs will germinate... But its only been 5 days, I would imagine it would take longer than that, maybe my cayennes and caribbean reds just came early, they arent poking through the soil or anything, they just have some hooks coming out of the seeds. Im hopeing that my bhuts or scorpion seeds come in the mail today... I'm gonna try to germinate them using the paper towel method.

Back