• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds germination help required

I'm pretty sure there is already a few threads on these topics, however I have given up searching for the right answer at this stage.
So question one:
Heat pads, I know I don't NEED them (I live in tropical North Queensland) but how much do they help percentage wise?
Question two is more to do with sauces, what is the recommended Ph range for a sauce to be bottled and kept for long periods?

even if you just attach a link to the thread it will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jas

hot water heater is a top idea... winter coldest.... 20-23ish daylight hours, maybe 15 o/night I guess?.?.? But mostly sunny days through-out the colder months.

Cheers for the quick reply Nova.

15 overnight i would love to grow there if i didn't have to live there. You are in an evergreen, much shadecloth and fertilizer will be needed!

jolokia_jas said:
hot water heater is a top idea... winter coldest.... 20-23ish daylight hours, maybe 15 o/night I guess?.?.? But mostly sunny days through-out the colder months.

If that is centigrades your winters are like my summers... Good thing you don't see which finger I'm holding up... ;)

MrArboc said:
If that is centigrades your winters are like my summers... Good thing you don't see which finger I'm holding up... ;)

I hear ya! On the flip side you don't have to deal with FUDGING HOT HEAT THAT SEARS ONES FACE! The cold does that just fine for you i am sure. :D

MrArboc said:

Centigrade? I thought only old men(pre 1948) still used that term:)

MrArboc said:

Novacastrian said:
I hear ya! On the flip side you don't have to deal with FUDGING HOT HEAT THAT SEARS ONES FACE! The cold does that just fine for you i am sure. :D

Lol. The winters still feel ICY cold (aclimatisation sucks)!! The summer Humidity is the killer though.

POTAWIE said:
Centigrade? I thought only old men(pre 1948) still used that term:)

I can convert measurements like inches and millimeters in my head. The centigrade to far and high confuses me.

-40 degrees far and high equal the same as -40 centigrade. Go figure...

Hmmm.... must be something to do with everyone wanting to be like the champion OZZIES we are and wanting to use the metric system.... ;)

POTAWIE said:
You'd think in Sweden you'd pay tribute to Anders Celsius:)

In my defence I mostly communicate with americans when I use english so it's kind of pointless to use centigrade OR celsius;)

You want imperial go go live in England. The ONLY good things to come from there are the Dorset Naga and Henry the XIII.

Novacastrian said:
You want imperial go go live in England. The ONLY good things to come from there are the Dorset Naga and Henry the XIII.

And a lot of hardened criminals who became the ancestors of the modern Aussies...

Wait - you said GOOD things, right?

Back