• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Germination Speed

So far, out of my 72 cells and 11 varieties, I only have three sprouts up (1 Pepperoncini and 2 Kung Pao).

It has been exactly one week since plant. All of the flat is moist and at 84 degrees with heat mat.

Should I be concerned that I have not yet seen hooks for the bell sweets and the Early Jalapenos? I thought they were quickest to germinate.

I'm a bit like a bride on her wedding night here! :(

So far, out of my 72 cells and 11 varieties, I only have three sprouts up (1 Pepperoncini and 2 Kung Pao).

It has been exactly one week since plant. All of the flat is moist and at 84 degrees with heat mat.

Should I be concerned that I have not yet seen hooks for the bell sweets and the Early Jalapenos? I thought they were quickest to germinate.

I'm a bit like a bride on her wedding night here! :(

---------------------------------------------

Jeff 2 here, Padre. I did similar plantings and had very much the same result. But after 10 days I got to 40% and now at 14 days I'm at about 65%. One variety was zero, one was 100% with most somewhere in between.

I've tried staring at them for 5-10 minutes at a time that may help a bit. :think:

The math I found to be true.

For good germinating seeds:
The number of days you expect them to take + 3.5-5 days.

For highly anticipated or hard to get seeds:
The number of days expected + 5-15 days.
:beer:

Did you forget to do a left-handed germination dance??? Just remember you have to try to have all of your neighbors see you doing it to have real success! ;)

Padre, I had 90% (27 out of 30) in 10 days The other 3 failed and I did three more. I was just like you this first time.

Back