Getting seeds from the UK - yikes!

I just received a package of seeds from the UK. It took 8 weeks to get here. I figured, just one of those things, until I saw the sticker on the front!!!

How much more wrong could get get, if you were sending a package from England to California?

Nigel, I had my friend at the post send them to me, and I swapped them out with some bell pepper seeds for you.  Shouldn't be a problem, should it?

:dance:

slow boat to Sidney and then back?? LOL :rolleyes:

and I bet ya Australian customs was ready to grab it there good for that and im surprised they didn't!!

geeme said:
Are you SURE it wasn't someone from MY local post office who messed up??? I never take mail there if I want it to get somewhere on time or in good shape.
Same here man! My post here is bad...just bad. I try to send people seeds on here and they either don't get there or take 4 times as long as they should. I've also had packages sent back to me with the seeds gone and a note from the post office saying my seeds were taken because of suspected marijuana seed transport....

Yeah my local post is the same way... Last year they opened up like 3 boxes I was sending live plants out in, because apparently a lot of people walk in with boxes of live pot plants and try to ship them or something.

And every time I went in with boxes they joked around asking if my plants were legal. So now I go to a different post office like 5 miles further from my place and they have never once questioned anything in any package I've sent out. 

I really think it just depends on who's working and what branch you go to. 

As for your luck Lawrence the seeds look nothing alike and wouldn't have matched the pictures they have. Whoever opened your package wanted those pepper seeds cause if they were legit Pot seeds with your address on them you would have been raided.

Well, it also seems to be the standard route from the uk to Austria.
Even if you write "Austria (EUROPE)" they will send it via Australia.

Back