• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

GH flora system-anyone?

Got a new package today! Ordered this before some of the other recommendations on the Forum, wondering if I should just stick with this if it actually is good stuff and just learn how to use it. I can return it if need be-I will be doing some containers with Coco and some with soil, and this is supposed to be good for both-one nice thing I like is it has all the micro and macro nutes between the three products and with the n-p-k not being out of this world I would think it's relatively safe to use without tremendous risks... Anyone use this? Experiences?

Regards,
-Tristan
f93f164a1992174ecc1e9b59298e54ea.jpg

People have great success with it. Just make sure when you're using all 3 at the same time that you mix each one well before adding the next bottle. It's also good to know how hard your water is too before using the floramicro. If your water is over 200ppm then you would want the floramicro for hard water.

You can always try my fertilizer plan for the Floramicro/floramato. Just add the usual floramicro and combine the florabloom/floragro amount in even portions to create the floramato part.

Depending on the growing medium you may need to use 50% strength.

I use Floramato and Floramicro as per the instructions on the Floramato bottle. Half strength for soilers. Has worked well so far and never takes very long to mix.

Edmick said:
People have great success with it. Just make sure when you're using all 3 at the same time that you mix each one well before adding the next bottle. It's also good to know how hard your water is too before using the floramicro. If your water is over 200ppm then you would want the floramicro for hard water.
Yeah I did order a ph and a tds meter so I can get a baseline idea of where I'm going to be, I'm guessing it's not good as it's well water and I won't even drink it it makes me feel bad and the cats too (diarrhea and stomach). I drink and fill ro jugs from Walmart, and have been giving my plants nothing but ro since the start.. I wonder if I got a better filter at my water inlet coming from the well it would improve tds? I used to buy better ones but since I don't even cook with it anymore I stopped buying them because they cost more.. It's even got a slight brownish tinge.. Not super clear. What's the best place to find information on ratios etc? Their website? Thanks man!

Regards,
-Tristan

chelicerae said:
I use Floramato and Floramicro as per the instructions on the Floramato bottle. Half strength for soilers. Has worked well so far and never takes very long to mix.
Yeah looks nice and soluble.. Definitely not buying anymore products on top except for calmag if I need it for coco (not sure as I see theres a good bit of both in the micro and bloom-and maybe some silica if I'm feeling lucky :) heařd I can use that to reduce using ph up as it is a strong base? Comments appreciated from all you guys, you're the best!

Regards,
-Tristan

willard3 said:
I've used these successfully for years in aeroponics.. Keep the ppm down and control the Ph.

I use them in a ratio of 1:1:1 for the complete grow cycle.
Excellent! I'm currently in FFOF and my guys in 3.5" shallow nursery pots (c. Chinese) are ready to move, they've all been in their bigger pots from the cell trays for like 20 days-too early to feed? I got the calimagic too just to stick with the same compatible lines w/o headaches. Too early to feed?

I've been freaking out that there are problems with stunting and moderate deficiencies-just got a cheap digital ppm and digital ph meter and calibrated it and came to some shocking conclusions.. Soil when dissolved in equal part h20 and sat for 15 mins the water measured over 700 ppm and ph of ~3! I'm thinkin lockout, no? Definitely have Cal deficiency with the leaf twisting etc...been using ro water with nothing in it because I thought my well water sucks (don't drink it will make me and cats sick) but rethinking as it's about 65-75 ppm. Definitely need to up the ph.

I also bought a giant brick of Fibre coco, and have a bunch of promix and perlite for my next uppot. Any ideas on how to prep this stuff? Calmag 200 ppm I read for a soak, and it is said to have majority of salts rinsed.

Regards,
-Tristan

My outdoor Scotch bonnets in soil are mid fruiting, have done well but I was getting the vibe that they are gonna be limping across the finish line. I am gearing up for an indoor DWC winter grow so have the General Hydroponics Trinity (Micro/Grow/Bloom) sitting idle and thought what the hell, lets see how the Scotch Bonnets react.

I did the ratio it said on the bottle for Blooming/Ripening, added 1/2 teaspoon of Epsom Salts per 1 liter of nutes and fed all three plants. 4 days on and they are looking all healthy and glowing and the fruits seem to have increased in size faster than they were doing before the feed.

..Stick with the GH Trinity

Those have been kind of the go to for years. I use GH every couple years with great success every time.
Ive tried others like Jungle Juice for example is a copy with the same 3 parts and ratio suggestions. JJ is a lot cheaper, but Im not convinced it does as well.
I also add Cal-Mag about monthly with the 3 part.
(Im only talking about hydroponics/aeroponics- in ground I have no experience with GH, I stick to Ocean Forrest and guano,fish etc supplements)

Back