• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Ghost Pepper Challenge VIdeo - MUST WATCH

Dangit.. I been tryin all year not to talk Falcons all yall go and mess me up!! :)
I am also SOOO excited for Sat night!

Piney Hab Extreme is a great sauce. But I dunno, I have gotten into stuff thats not quite so hot nowadays. Sure, Ive had the hot stuff. Hot is hot is hot, ya know? Im all about TASTE now. I think a lot of us on the site like to prove their manhood by showing they can eat the hot stuff. Hell, eat enough of it long enough, and just about everyone can get a high heat tolerance. I like taste AND heat. If you get Neil's Skobiyan, you'll get both heat and taste. Just like Piney Hab Extreme. All of his sauces are nice and sweet, which I love. You wont be disappointed.
As far as the "Hottest Sauce in the Universe" goes....yeah, its made mostly of extract. You know that taste you got when you ate it? There are a lot of sauces out there that taste just like that. When you go to a place, like The Pepper Palace,
and go to their "hot as hell" section, you can bet 99.9% that all of the sauces in that section will taste VERY similar. Thats why I dont touch too many sauces with extract any more. Again, there are some that are good. Just hard to find.
Neil and Brian both DONT use extracts, so you'll be good to go!

I feel you man, and I'm mainly looking for Taste w/heat. I contacted Neil and he threw some numbers at me....and it's just a little expensive at the moment after the packaging and security costs. I realllly want to give the Skobiyan a go, but just not great timing right now. I'm excited about the Piney Hab Extreme though.

Wait so "The Hottest Sauce in the Universe" is an extract?

Yeah it is an extract made by a chemical solvent process, although the true hottest commercial extract is The source at about 7.1 million.
The only fun in these supper hot, cem tasting, pain bottles is messing with your macho friends that claim they can eat anything and the endorphin rush that comes directly after the pain.

If you do make the fateful decision to taste extracts again, make sure you have eaten a full meal, drank some milk/yogurt and have some bananas on hand. All of the above will help your stomach cope with the extract. The real pain comes when the extract just sits on your stomach values, so having dairy products and food in there will help.

Past that some good non-extract commercial sauces to try: Iguana Radioactive Atomic Pepper Sauce, Marie Sharps Beware (some capsaicum oil, simply extract from a natural process no chem flavor), Blair's Golden Death and possibly Mad Dog 357 Pure Ghost( non-extract version)

As for the good tasting craft sauces, you may want to try some from the Chili Pepper Company in the UK. (shipping and customs charges seem to be much lower than from Australia) Their Naga Moma, and Naga Viper sauces are excellent. Hottest non-extracts I have had.

Anyway theres my 2 cents,

-Peter.

For anyone who has watched this video: can you see the color of the Pepper I eat? It is a much darker color than that of my opponents. Does that increase the hotness? Just curious.

For anyone who has watched this video: can you see the color of the Pepper I eat? It is a much darker color than that of my opponents. Does that increase the hotness? Just curious.

The color of a dried pod doesn't represent the heat of the pepper. Most of the time the color of the pepper will only depend on how it was dried/roasted.

But go ahead and tell your friend that the darker the pod the hotter it is, and that his was probably 25% cooler than yours ;)

Haha - trust me I've used that excuse (even though it may not be true) but...I do have one thing on him. Mine was MUCH BIGGER.

Back