• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.
  • 🔥Cyber Monday BOGO sale on memberships, info HERE!

health Ghost Pepper Help

Hi Everyone,

This is not my first time growing peppers, however it is the first time I’ve only grown a single plant. I have had good luck growing in containers and it appears my luck may be running out(?)

I was given a ghost last month that was a few inches tall and wasn’t root bound. I planted in a 5g container with Miracle-gro potting mix. I waited a month to start light fertilizing with Miracle-gro perfromance organics 11-3-8 once a week. 1Tbls per gallon.

Over the last week or so I’m seeing the new growth at the top yellowing and slowly working it’s way downward. I can see green veins in the leaves still which made me lean toward a possible magnesium deficiency. This past Monday I did a foliar feeding spray with a 1/2 Tbls of epsom salt/water mix.

Unfortunately, it hasn’t helped. I‘m hoping for some insight from you guys/gals on what to do next.

The plant overall looks healthy, not drooping or anything, just yellow overall. (Noticed a bit of curling this morning though)

Thanks in advance, please let me know if you have any questions too. Frustrating as it’s the only pepper I have this season.

8A322644-ABDD-4E16-B89D-3198FC49B3B5.jpeg

2FC4A1B9-539B-4058-9745-58E2F2700EFB.jpeg

-