food Ghost Pepper Jelly

Ok, bear with me, this is my first post with pictures...

As I mentioned in my introduction on the welcome page this is my first year growing anything hotter than a habanero.  I tried something new with some of my yellow ghost peppers, Ghost Pepper Jelly.  I followed the pepper jelly recipe from Kraft Foods (except I left out the butter).

Here's the peppers I used in the jelly (12 of them).

20130907_145606_zps8033e0cc.jpg

And here's the Jelly:

20130908_115855_zpsd04218e4.jpg

I am quite pleased with how it came out, it has a great flavor and I am worried that with about 10 jars I am not sure I have enough.

-Alden

With jelly it seems you never have enough..  especially hot pepper jelly.. I made a batch of peter pepper jelly to give away for xmas gifts last year.. and of course i added the pod pix on the jar..
they thought it was a gag gift till the tried the jelly.. now this year they want more.. :)

Alden, Welcome to the Hot Pepper. The chiles and the jelly look great. How do you rate the heat level? Did you save any seeds from those pretty chiles? If so, I hope you'll share them.

I did not save any seeds but I am hoping to use what I have learned from this forum and over winter the plants.  I think it has moderate heat, my wife thinks it's hot.  I think the flavor is great, you can taste the flavors of the ghost peppers really well, so much so I feel like I am going to be a hoarder and not share as much of this as I normally would.

-Alden

That jelly looks fantastic.  I think the yellow superhots lend themselves nicely to a jelly.  Their flavors are very complimentary.  Good job!

Back