• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Ghost Pepper?

Grew these in my garden this year. It's the first time I've grown this variety. Are these really ghost peppers or something else?

ghost_peppers_2013_09_11.jpg

Thanks. I was wondering, since I've never seen these peppers in person before. The first two peppers I tried (actually the ones in the picture) came out disappointingly mild (about a medium jalapeño. The third, though, had some heat - about a strong habañero. That one I let ripen on the vine. Perhaps it made the difference? I don't know. I'm still waiting for the massive heat. So far I've been able to just chop it up and eat it straight.

They will be milder when they are green than when they are ripe. And you can always try stressing them to induce some heat. Hold back on watering until they absolutely need it. Best of luck!

Thanks for the tip. I think I was giving it too much water over the summer. The last couple months I pretty much haven't watered at all as it hasn't been that hot and there's been enough rain. That probably helped the heat come in. Hopefully next season I'll do this better.

Back