Ghost Peppers in Florida

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum and growing peppers. I recently purchased two pretty mature ghost pepper plants for a local store. I live in North Central Florida and currently my only option for holding my plants is on a south facing patio. There is an overhang so I can control how much direct sun they get to some extent but I was wondering if anyone had some basic starting advice on how much to water, types of soil, when to harvest, and fertilizer. There's a ton of stuff out there and its a lot to wade through.

My profile picture is the plant I'm more concerned about--some of the leaves are yellowing on the ends. Too much sun maybe?

Thanks!  

Welcome, fellow southerner! There are tons of resources in this forum. Browse through the "Growing Hot Peppers" forum and I'm sure you will find answers to each of those questions. I would take them one at a time and answer here and now, but that's a LOT of information for one post. There are quite a few watering frequency, soil choice, and fertilizer threads available for reading. For anyone to offer just one answer for each of those questions would be wrong. Many options out there! Best of luck!

The one blanket answer is for "when to water"..... and not to sound like a smart alec, but the answer is only when they need it! How will you know when they need it? Well, you can stick a finger into the soil to the second knuckle, and if it's dry, water it thoroughly!

BTW... yellowing leaves can be an indicator of overwatering

as long as it stays under  90s your plant should be fine in full sunlight  even late day indirect sunlight will grow it ,we are the sunshine state    the sun blasts us   so let it dry out before watering but know it can dry out quick here if the leaves fall a little its cus its hot just leave it til night and watch em pop back up   but plenty of successful patio growers here

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

And oh yeah, Go Gators!

Hello!

Welcome to THP.                         From St. Aug.

baby-dino.jpg

Back