• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Ghost Powder

Jdee

Extreme Member
Made some powder yesterday and found that when I mixed it with some garlic salt it gets airborne fast.
Kind of takes your breath away when you shake it out.
I'd like to make a powder/ seasoning for pizza with the ghost powder I made.
Is there anything I can add to  take care of the problem/keep the dust down  :confused:  
Dried 8 trays so I have powder to play with...
 Jdee
dry.jpg

Ok ,cool powder for cooking  ,flake for the other. I'm over thinking stuff  :rolleyes: well not thinking..
Thanks Jdee

I used a coffee grinder out in the garage with the fan on, everything was  great until
I started testing / shaking some on some cheese  :fireball: trashed the first test powder, my friend said
noway that's good stuff and pulled it back out of the T-can  :P

Magic Bullet is the best thing ever for making powder.  I put the dried pods in the food processor to break them up, then into the MB to make them fine as can be.  Oh and yes, I do the last part outside.

Has anyone tried using a burr grinder for pepper powder? I'm not sure if it would work on peppers, but if it does, burr grinders allow you to adjust the particle size. I would try it myself, but the wife would kill me if I contaminated our coffee grinder with capsaicin :shame:  

That is what I use, a small little coffee grinder. I bought a second one since they are cheap enough and just use that. It can be a little tedious though as the grinder is a little small.

+1 on the flakes for pizza, but I would cut it with some cayenne flakes. Pure Ghost flakes will make for a HOT :onfire: :onfire: pizza. I once diced up two whole Ghost peppers on a large pizza. It was damn hot. Almost too hot.

+2 for the guns in the pepper picture.

They dried up real good, crushed nice in a baggy. Now I just need a Pizza  :surprised:  

Was the weekend, cleaning out the range bag..
Reloading for the 45lc is the next hobby :woohoo:
dry2.jpg

dry3.jpg

I agree that flakes are best for pizza. But when I grind my peppers for powder, I usually wrap a tshiet around my face and wear glasses. Also, I do it outside. One whiff of that stuff can kill a man.

Not literally.

When I put the powder in my little jars,
I got it on my UN-gloved hands and thought it would be a good time to taste it.
I did not cry or say bad words.
How I got it on my eyelids don't know?
. My parrots did learn some new words/sounds though :rolleyes:
With the Powders it looks like I will be making more and buying some also.
Like a powder sample pack soon.
Can't wait to try all the different kinds.... and see where and how the heat hits.....
Its going to be a hot summer :dance:

Stupid question ...what's the easiest way to make flakes ? Dry them and pound em?

Ibe made powder but not flakes

I use a magic bullet type grinder, it'll do as coarse or as fine as you want; Just make sure to use the same cup.

Back