labels GhostFire label needs help

salsalady

Business Member
I'm re-working a couple labels and one of them is the Ghost Fire Hot Sauce label.  I could use some help with the romance wording.

Current wording is-
"Our Ghost Fire hot Sauce is made with Bhut Jolokia peppers (also called Ghost Peppers) from India, Red Savina Habanero and Chipotle peppers, but don't be afraid.  This is the tastiest hot sauce to ever sneak up on you. 

New wording is-
"Our Ghost Fire Hot Sauce is made with chipotle, red habanero and bhut jolokia peppers (also called ghost peppers), but don't be afraid.  This is the tastiest hot sauce to ever sneak up on you."

The Ghost Fire label is in here- Original files got corrupted a while ago so I can't post a Ghost Fire Label here.  Hoping some folks can offer suggestions for the romance wording.  This needs to go to the printer right away, like... tomorrow....

Any suggestions would be appreciated. or if it's perfect the way it is...(yea, that's probably NOT the case  ...:lol:  ) 

Thanks, amigos!

Our Ghost Fire hot sauce is made with a blend of chipotle, habanero and ghost peppers but don't be afraid.  This is the tastiest hot sauce to ever sneak up on you.

(drop the explanation.  the customer base knows ghost peppers by now)

or

"Made with red savina habanero, bhut jolokia and chipotle peppers, our Ghost Fire Hot Sauce is the tastiest hombre/compandre/rip snorter/etc to ever sneak up on you!"

or 

"Made with real ghost peppers, our Ghost Fire Hot Sauce will wow you with taste and surprise you with its creeper heat!"

or

"CASPER AINT GOT SHIT ON ME!  BURN YOUR SPHINCTER OUT NOW THIS MINUTE!! GET AT ME YOU NINCOMPOOP FUCKUP"

MeatHead1313 said:
Sounds good as stated to me SL. Seems like only a couple of small changes so nothing that "I" as a consumer would notice personally.
Sounds like a grammar thing, please explain as I'm really tired and not thinking all that clear, just looking for some suggestions.  Thanks. 

SmokenFire said:
Our Ghost Fire hot sauce is made with a blend of chipotle, habanero and ghost peppers but don't be afraid.  This is the tastiest hot sauce to ever sneak up on you.

(drop the explanation.  the customer base knows ghost peppers by now)

or

"Made with red savina habanero, bhut jolokia and chipotle peppers, our Ghost Fire Hot Sauce is the tastiest hombre/compandre/rip snorter/etc to ever sneak up on you!"

or 

"Made with real ghost peppers, our Ghost Fire Hot Sauce will wow you with taste and surprise you with its creeper heat!"

or

"CASPER AINT GOT SHIT ON ME!  BURN YOUR SPHINCTER OUT NOW THIS MINUTE!! GET AT ME YOU NINCOMPOOP f**kUP"
SnF- good point.  When the label was created, Ghosts were the new hottest pepper.  Now...most know or have heard of ghosts.  Thanks. 

The other line I want to change to "...surprise you with it's creepy heat..''.... but that just sounds So Wrong!  :lol:

buddy said:
Ghost Fire Hot Sauce - made with chipotle, red savina, and ghost peppers.  Don't be afraid . . . this is the tastiest hot sauce that will ever sneak up on you.
Like It!!!

"Ghost Fire is our time-honored blend of ____ chipotle, bhut jolokia, and red habanero peppers. It's sneaky-tasty."

[in a larger font for all the saved letters]

I think you want an adjective in that ___ to have all three of the peppers be two word combinations ...

To me, it makes sounding out the bhut jolokia feel natural, and probably lets someone unfamiliar with it pass right by to sneaky-tasty ...

I like SmokenFire's - "Made with red savina habanero, bhut jolokia and chipotle peppers, our Ghost Fire Hot Sauce is the tastiest hombre/compandre/rip snorter/etc to ever sneak up on you!" - with just a few changes -

Made with red savina habanero, bhut jolokia, and chipotle peppers, our Ghost Fire Hot Sauce is the tastiest to ever sneak up on you.

or

Our Ghost Fire Hot Sauce is the tastiest to ever sneak up on you, made with red savina habanero, bhut jolokia, and chipotle peppers.

grantmichaels said:
"Ghost Fire is our time-honored blend of ____ chipotle, bhut jolokia, and red habanero peppers. It's sneaky-tasty."

[in a larger font for all the saved letters]

I think you want an adjective in that ___ to have all three of the peppers be two word combinations ...

To me, it makes sounding out the bhut jolokia feel natural, and probably lets someone unfamiliar with it pass right by to sneaky-tasty ...
I'm not coming up with a single adjective that works with these 3 chiles.  The bhuts and chipotles have the smoky aspect, but red habaneros don't.  Anything more?

I'm dropping the Red Savina Habaneros and am using regular red habaneros now.  The first sauces I made used Red Savinas, which, again, were the hottest at that time and deserved to be called out.  That's not the case now, so Red Savina will be eliminated.  Also because sourcing "Red Savina" branded chiles is a pita and $$$. 

salsalady said:
I'm re-working a couple labels and one of them is the Ghost Fire Hot Sauce label.  I could use some help with the romance wording.

Current wording is-
"Our Ghost Fire hot Sauce is made with Bhut Jolokia peppers (also called Ghost Peppers) from India, Red Savina Habanero and Chipotle peppers, but don't be afraid.  This is the tastiest hot sauce to ever sneak up on you. 

New wording is-
"Our Ghost Fire Hot Sauce is made with chipotle, red habanero and bhut jolokia peppers (also called ghost peppers), but don't be afraid.  This is the tastiest hot sauce to ever sneak up on you."

Thanks, amigos!
Just a thought...

Our Ghost Fire Hot Sauce is crafted with the infamous Ghost Peppers of India, Red Savina Habaneros, and everyone's favorite, Chipotle peppers. No worries, you have nothing to fear but the addiction. Our Ghost Fire will warm you up - not burn you down!

...like this version better.
Our Ghost Fire Hot Sauce is crafted with the infamous Ghost Peppers of India, Red Savina Habaneros, and everyone's favorite, Chipotle peppers. Warms you up, won't burn you down! The tastiest hot sauce to ever sneak up on you.

Thank you Shortcut and Rymer.  Good wordings/verbage/???Can't even think of the proper gramer terminology... ( let alone the wrong speling...)

All others please continue to post, I'll check in the morning, and thank you to everyone for your suggestions. 

Too many cooks, so leaving it be, but I will comment on one aspect.

Just say Ghost Pepper, no parentheses. It takes you out of the quip. It's almost like telling the punchline of a joke.

...made with Bhut Jolokias (also called the Ghost Pepper, heh heh get it? Ghost Fire?) and Chipotles...
That's how parentheses come across.

Instead of...
...made with Ghost Peppers and Chiptoles...

Where you make the connection w/o having to be told.

Put Bhut Jolokia in the ingredients, and Ghost Pepper in the tagline. They will figure it out. No biggie if they don't. You could put the parentheses in the ingredient list if you are allowed. (Pretty sure it's okay?)

Or just use Ghost on all.

My opinion.

EDIT: I see ShortcuToHell left it out too. Yeah, similar to that.

PepperDaddy said:
Made with scary hot Ghost Peppers, our Ghost Fire hot sauce is just the apparition your food needs to go from average to other-worldly!  This is the tastiest hot sauce to ever sneak up on you.  Boo!
I like the boo to!! I like everything here from a buyers perspective except, made with scary hot ghost peppers.

But love the apparition part and sneaking up on you boo!! Haha love it

oldsalty said:
I like the boo to!! I like everything here from a buyers perspective except, made with scary hot ghost peppers.

But love the apparition part and sneaking up on you boo!! Haha love it

Maybe replace "scary hot" with "scary good".  You're right, Ghost Fire has good heat but is not a burner.

Back