vendor Ghostpepperfarms.com - Big Thumbs Up!

I'd like to congratulate this company on a job well done... and a very pleasant surprise.  Maybe someone from ghostpepperfarms.com is a member here to see this.  Ordered 2 live red Bhut Jolokia plants a while back.  Received them yesterday and transplanted into solo cups just an hour ago.  They're pretty leggy plants, but nothing a little trimming and time can't fix, overall healthy.  Very well packaged, soil was still pretty damp after ~800 miles and several days trip from FL to KY.  Spent the whole day outside in the sun today @ 85F and they're looking perky.

Here's the kicker.

As I said, the order was for 2 plants so I was surprised when I opened the box and saw a full 4-cell tray.  Well that was nice of them, I thought.  The REAL surprise was when I actually counted the number of stalks sticking out of the trays.

Not 2.  Not 4.  TEN.

Ten freaking plants. :shocked: Separating out those rootballs was a proper pain in the ass but I ended up with 4 plants of good size and ample roots.  The remaining 6 are on the small side - 5 of which still have plenty of root so I have no doubt they'll take off with a little love, and only 1 I'll really have to keep my eye on since only 2 little hairs of root survived separation.  Overall, ten freaking plants and not a clue what I'm supposed to do with them all.

Hard to beat that, right?

Ghostpepperfarms.com, you would be proud of me.  I only wish I took a pic of the germ trays they shipped in.  Sadly, I didn't  .The back 5 are the healthiest with the largest roots, the front 5 are the weak ones that will probably still produce a crop if I love them hard enough.

Back