• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Giant Habanero

I thought I discovered a giant habanero at the grocery store last night. It was mixed in with all the habanero peppers. So this morning I made some salsa and thought I would taste this giant pepper and save the seeds of this mutant pepper. Well after tasting it I found out is was not hot at all and very sweet. A disappointment for sure. Here is a pic below and I'm sure you experts could tell right away it wasn't a Habanero but it sure fooled me lol.

Attachments

• huge hab.jpg
    huge hab.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 87
I buy mutant orange habs at a local mexican grocery that are that size but rounder looking.  Unlike yours, the habs from Mexican grocery have great heat.  I dont buy them to often, I had a gallon freezer bag full of orange habs and other varieties I grew last year. 

Needless to say I am almost pepperless again. 

Buzzman19 said:
I buy mutant orange habs at a local mexican grocery that are that size but rounder looking.  Unlike yours, the habs from Mexican grocery have great heat.  I dont buy them to often, I had a gallon freezer bag full of orange habs and other varieties I grew last year. 

Needless to say I am almost pepperless again. 
If it was a hab I was going to keep the seeds hoping for GIANTS next year.

SavinaRed said:
If it was a hab I was going to keep the seeds hoping for GIANTS next year.

Next time I am there I'll see if they have them in, they dont always have them.  They sell more Jalapeno and Serrano's than anything and of course all the various dried peppers. 

Back