• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Giant Habanero?

I found these at my local grocery store. They were just listed "Habanero" of course, being a regular store not specialty. I've never seen a Habanero this big, not even close!

Any idea what kind they are? I was thinking Big Sun or Mustard Habanero. Or they could be some genetically modified big box store crap, I have no idea.

They are bright yellow with the very ripe ones turning a little orange in the folds.

IMG_20151016_172939_zpsas6q86cc.jpg

IMG_20151017_125624_zpskx90vumu.jpg

Lol we get orange and yellows at our local Safeway I'd say there freaks cause after adding 15 habs to a salsa no heat went to the Hispanic grocery store and 4 habs damn near blew my head off I have also wondered if the stores sell a variant with less heat than a jalapeño. Does it have heat? That would be my first question

Sounds like those crappy habs we get at the chain stores here, but hey of they got heat and taste good I say munch on. If anything ask the produce manager or even store manager they may know from the invoices they get on orders

I'm making sauce with them. They have a ton of heat. I usually make a mostly hab sauce, but remove the guts. I think I'll leave these whole and rock on. Pineapple and these bright yellow guys should make a beautiful sauce!

Back