• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Giant larvae

GRUBZ.

grub-life-cycle.jpg

Nasty little guys. How do you not know about grubs?

PepperDaddler said:
GRUBZ.

grub-life-cycle.jpg

Nasty little guys. How do you not know about grubs?
guess we read different literature.....knew they were grubs or larvae, but what do they turn into sir?
Never seen a Japanese beetle down here, BTW, thanks for the picture tutorial.....pictures are good.

Japanese beetle larvae. Not usually bother peppers that much IMO. Mostly other plants, like non Belladonna family. Leave them in an open space and the birds will take care of them.
Edit: wait. Japanese beetle's usually exist three or more feet down, at least that's the only place I find them in my yard is when i'm working on trees. Might be different depending on where you live though.

PepperDaddler said:
https://insects.tamu.edu/fieldguide/bimg141.html

Check by the light on your front porch at night. If you have a screen door even better. The most numerous beetles are most likely what you have pictured there, sir.  ;)
you familiar with the bugs on my 'front porch'? Or 'screen door' of which I have neither...but thanks sir
SanPatricio said:
I think your grubs are too big (even for Texas) to be Japs.

Here is a good link from Austin ... http://www.realgreenlawns.com/austin_tx_texas/grubworms.htm
Must be Japanese beetles, the pepperdiddler says they are on 'my porch and screen door'.......

Alright you ass. I was trying to help and yes I am familiar with your sarcastic unneeded comments which are the majority of your posts. To refrain myself from seeing any more of your useless posts in the future you are now blocked. I know you don't really care but that seems like the high road to take. 

Good day.

PepperDaddler said:
Alright you ass. I was trying to help and yes I am familiar with your sarcastic unneeded comments which are the majority of your posts. To refrain myself from seeing any more of your useless posts in the future you are now blocked. I know you don't really care but that seems like the high road to take. 

Good day.

made my day.....thanks enjoy the high road

Not like a bot fly at all! These are way bigger. I got my bot fly experience in Bolivia! Oh yeah. These are good on the grill. Indirect heat so they don pop, spray with soy and fish sauce. Awesome snack! 

gfinnil said:
Look like cicada larvae to me...
+1. Used to find very similar looking grubs back home while digging for worms for bait. And always around the favourite trees for cicadas. If you like fishing, they made excellent bait back in Australia. I'm sure they'd be just as good here too. If you don't, make the local birds happy. 

Back