• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Gibberillic Acid

Just wanted to let everyone know about my success with gibberillic acid. I started with some seedlings that were approximately 6 inches tall. I sprayed them with a solution of 200 ppm gibberillic acid. I didn't see much activity for 3-4 days. However, after that, the plants started growing like wildfire. I would say that they have been growing about 1 inch each day over the past 7-8 days. The internodal distance is probably a bit more than the plants which are only grown with the regular type fertilizers. The growth I have seen is phenomenal. I'm not one to really tout products, but I'm impressed.

I found some on ebay. =D

WayRight uses the stuff. A few other members have been experimenting on it too because they saw WayRight's results.

I found some on ebay. =D

WayRight uses the stuff. A few other members have been experimenting on it too because they saw WayRight's results.

Ugh...not another fertilizer for me to try and learn about lol. I've got fertilizer overload.

I've been thinking of ordering some myself. Been thinking of getting it from this site: http://www.super-grow.biz/GA3Powder20.jsp

Not sure if it's a good price or not, but looks legit.

My plant have been growing like wildfire here the past week also, could just be this time of year and the perfect weather we are having? But I'm not one to start using voodoo magic on my plants though, sun and rain is all they need. :lol:

Yall stay away from the voodoo...C'mon PRF..and Acid ,gibberish! You's my neighbor Tree!! Yall crack me up!
Hey Arringdd,Glad to hear the success!This aint the only forum that will give you grief! ,I've also had GREAT! success with GA3, Move the "snake oil" up to 300ppm,! Let us know what else your using and how it works for you!

Technically it's not a fert. It's a growth hormone. And it works wonders!! just make sure you buy from a reputable source. 90% in powder form and so on...anyone interested in specifics just shoot me a PM I'm getting ready to spritz my cardi plants and my habs. I did a test on a Hab plant and got some serious growth over a 6 day period. Here is before and after:
6e500dc5.jpg

DSCF4001.jpg

OK Dark, give us specifics..ppm? for starters...and did you draw a circle around the plant? Do a rain dance?
Seriously,,ppm? timeline? Thats wonderful growth! I just sprayed my vincas in the flower garden with 400ppm and nothing for about 5 days then Kapow! 6 inches in 2 days.
Kevin

Well each to their own; but I guess I'm still too much of a hippy to venture that far from the natural order of things. I've been working my butt off to formulate an all natural soil (here that's no easy task I'll tell ya) that will grow a strong, healthy plant, and after almost a year I'm finally there.
I admit, those pictures are impressive in their own right, but I'll just keep plodding along. Cheers.

Well each to their own; but I guess I'm still too much of a hippy to venture that far from the natural order of things. I've been working my butt off to formulate an all natural soil (here that's no easy task I'll tell ya) that will grow a strong, healthy plant, and after almost a year I'm finally there.
I admit, those pictures are impressive in their own right, but I'll just keep plodding along. Cheers.

Aww come on Verne, u know u want a part of the gibberish acid fun!! Lol

@wayright: It was a 250 ppm foliar. No rain dance. No circles...I did slam a 6er of Mickeys before the spray tho...that probably did the trick...lol

I AM HOWEVER just finishing up as I type, spraying all of my cardi and habs with a 300ppm mix So that should make for an interesting thread in a week or so....:) AND since I stuck one of my cardi in a hydro bucket it got a healthy spritz too...hydro+GA3 should be unreal hopefully...

to use/not use growth hormones on pepper plants has been discussed was discussed at length 2-3 years ago...some use them, some don't...

I use Botanicare Liquid Karma until transplant and from what I can find out, it has putrescine in it which also is a growth hormone

DarkTrak
AND since I stuck one of my cardi in a hydro bucket it got a healthy spritz too...hydro+GA3 should be unreal hopefully...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, whatever turns your crank ;). But I'm curious; to what point? What do you want from GA3?

Me, I'm retired and challenged by natural growing conditions. I want the best goddamned pepper I can get from my natural surroundings. Let's be clear, I'm not saying you shouldn't do what your doing; it's just not for me or my outlook on the nature. I guess I would/do object to GMO crops because I do not see them as the future.
Anyway, carry on and let us know how it all turns out; both the good and the bad. Cheers! :)

Edit: GA3 sounds like steroids and we know what they do to humans; food for thought, maybe????

DarkTrak
AND since I stuck one of my cardi in a hydro bucket it got a healthy spritz too...hydro+GA3 should be unreal hopefully...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, whatever turns your crank ;). But I'm curious; to what point? What do you want from GA3?

Me, I'm retired and challenged by natural growing conditions. I want the best goddamned pepper I can get from my natural surroundings. Let's be clear, I'm not saying you shouldn't do what your doing; it's just not for me or my outlook on the nature. I guess I would/do object to GMO crops because I do not see them as the future.
Anyway, carry on and let us know how it all turns out; both the good and the bad. Cheers! :)

Edit: GA3 sounds like steroids and we know what they do to humans; food for thought, maybe????

I'm right there with you, i'm not gonna say that you shouldn't use the stuff but its not for me, fish emulsion and epsom salt is all i need

From your before and after pics it looks like that hormone causes the stem to grow quickly, stretching the distance between leaf nodes and giving the plant a very leggy appearance. If you're after a tall lanky plant it looks like just the ticket, but from what I see I wouldn't expect it to improve pod production and in my book pod production is the name of the game. You seem to be having fun playing with it though, so more power to ya. :)

GA3 is a naturally occuring hormone,it was discovered in rice that grew so tall it keeled over.and if you enjoy seedless grapes then thank GA3
also most fruit that you buy at a supermarket not only has the naturally occurring hormone in it but alot of grove farmers have found that it produces 50% more fruit at harvest time.
Kevin

Back