misc =[ gm's alt-bootstrapping, magic-free online cottage thread ]=

Ecommerce front-end's to Wordpress, or Shopify, or any number of other software or SAAS (software-as-a-service) solutions or payment API's exist at present.

For 90% of cases, there's a tiered, pre-canned ecommerce solution that can be made to work for a budding pepper-related business trading platform based out of THP.

Please, read that twice - as I'm not advocating that this thread is any more appropriate than those solutions whatsoever.

In fact, from a security perspective in terms of customer data, those are probably a better choice than DIY - that is, unless you make some key decisions with regard to how your site is built, where it's hosted, and how the data moves across the wire.

Using Shopify or Woo or whatever else is just not how I do things, namely because I don't write any PHP, or have a desire to add that to my skill-set.

90% of folks who visit this thread could learn just enough PHP to get by, and that is probably a great idea for most, but ...

This thread is for the other 10%.

In the coming months, I'm going to share stuff that's not been commonly found in the other threads. I'm not promising, or even suggesting that my way is the best way to do ANY of these things ...

The only guarantee is that you will know what's going on the entire time. You will do everything yourself, the hard way, and for doing so - you will have A LOT more control of your online presence.

I actually hate web development - but I'm scared of not keeping track of where things are headed. For better or worse, more and more stuff is going to be conducted across the Internet, and being able to harness that potential will continue to enable independent individuals for all of our lifetimes, at least IMHO.

I'm interested in helping people empower themselves. I believe that capitalism is entrenched in our culture, along with handguns, and that there are a number of features inherent with being an American that are geared towards risk taking (credit, lending practices, LLC's, and bankruptcy come to mind). Own, or be owned.

Folks might as well resolve themselves to play the game - because there's plenty of people who are willing to slander, hate, cheat, steal, and oppress to keep the framework we have currently in place for years to come.

First up, coming soon, buying a domain - along with some personal experiences and the implications related to which registrar you choose.

=> Been brainstorming over here tonight.

I think the interesting part of all that is that there's a second way to look at one's stock of product ... sauce, for example ...

Internet Marketing a batch of sauce instead of operating a ecommerce shop is like the difference between fishing with a rod & reel vs spear-fishing.

When one goes fishing, they cast the bait and it disappears under the water and then hope the fish they want finds the bait, takes it, and that they can reel it in ...

That's asking a lot, especially if you consider the stats of the desired fish relative to the everything else down there ...

Now, when I want fish, I go to the pier and get in the water w/ my mask and a spear and I go pick the fish, and throw it into an el cheapo syrofoam cooler from 7-11 with the ice leftover from a big gulp of Mountain Dew ...

I've walked away w/ my-favorite-local-fish in as few as 10 mins before ... no doubt.

If you have 30 bottles of sauce, why not just have a special sale for a weekend ... build up the hype in advance, do pre-sales, and then run your site for a time-limited sale, and sell out ...

When it's gone, it's gone ... and you turn the page off, and go back to running social media accounts where you conduct your hype/pre-sale etc until you have product to do it again ...

"Limited Edition" ... limited edition for making combinations w/ others, or offering product that isn't for sale normally.

There's no reason someone can't have a store, and also do stuff the IM way, too ...

I don't know ...

Am I missing something? ...

Back