• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

goldfish food.

BenVanned

Banned
I have a few large containers of goldfish food I am not going to use. I was wondering if I could use them as fertilizer?

Probably high in carbs and low in nutrients beneficial to peppers, seems most likely to do little for the plant but rot and that could cause harm. Feed it to some fish, then collect the feces and use that instead. It's more trouble than it's worth to me.

I already use the water with the water that I suck out of my tank during water changes. It is rich with nitrates and phosphates. Fish food is basially fish meal. Here is some info from the back of the can: Crude protein 29% arginine 1.21% Histidine 0.63% crude fat 5% Crude fiber 2% and ascorbic acid 200mgs.

Fish meal, wheat flour, rice flour, potato starch, Dehulled soybean meal, shrimp meal, fish oil, sor protine isolate, corn gluten meal, ground dried tomato, brewers yeast, wheat gluten meal, lecithin, marigold petal extracy, choline chloride, xanthan gum, dl-mehionine, Vitamin A, D3, E, B12, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite complex, folic acid, pyridoxine hydrocloride, thiamine mononitrate, biotin, yeast extract, zinc sulfate, managnese sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodate, sodium selenite, and cobalt carbonate.

All that four/starch/meal is what I'm concerned about, fungus growth and bacterial action will occur if the soil is kept moist enough for the plant to thrive.

Back