• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

good deal?

I rent and have no real way to compost or create worm casting. I found 5# of worm castings for $20 , reasonable price?

I don't think it is a good deal at all. You did say 5 pounds right....that is nothing. I can get a 5 gallon bucket full for 10 bucks. That probably equates to at least 30-40 pounds.

If it is the only place you can get it and are hell bent on using it, then go for it. Lousy deal though. I'd use that 20 bucks and buy a bag of Ocean Forest from Fox farm or something like that. No way should you pay 20 bucks for 5 pounds of worm castings.

i agree with 3/5. I can get it for 5 bucks a 40 lb bag. Use the money on something else. Maybe try some bat guano instead or the ocean forest as suggested.

The stuff available locally is pretty limited, but thanks for letting me know what a ripoff it is and I will see what else I can find

That's still a horrible price. At least where I'm from. 35 pounds for 10 bucks vs 25 bucks for 15 pounds which even if shipping is 10 bucks that's still 1 dollar per pound vs 35 cents a pound. I still think you could find something that would work just as good but be more cost effective. (at least until you can search and find a worthwhile deal)

I rent and have no real way to compost or create worm casting. I found 5# of worm castings for $20 , reasonable price?
I just got a smaller styrofoam thick wall foam container thats maybe like 3 gallon size and bought some red worms at the fishing store, put it in the basement and they took off works real good and no smell at all. just don't tell your wife thats what i did works.

Back