• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. I’m just about finished clearing the home garden and plan on doing the CG this afternoon. I hope your back recovers soon, Harry. Doctor told my hubby to keep ice on the lower back. Sic - I’ve never had boiled peanuts. How do you cook/eat them? Bought a few cans as a joke for a friend but he never ate them!
Have a wonderful Fall day. Enjoy the weather and beauty of our earth.

Good morning. It's 45 on its way to 73. Should be a nice day. My back seems to be doing better but I didn't do much yesterday. Moderate meeting schedule today. Remodelers will be back this morning. I think my wife will continue to work on garden tear out today. Not much else happening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. I’m hoping to finish tear down at the CG with this warmer weather. Many of Harry’s beautiful peppers are de-seeded and in the dehydrator. Now to make plans for the ones to plant in 2022. We have a contractor coming today to work on siding where the birds have drilled holes looking for bugs. More house maintenance.
Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Catherine the peanuts I get are already boiled and froze, so you just reheat them by boiling them in water for a couple minutes. But to make them you have to have green peanuts and you boil them for like 30 hours in huge pots with seasoning. They are really good.

Oh, and you eat them just like you would shelled peanuts. Crack open shell eat peanut. They are soft.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 53 on its way to 76. Very busy meeting schedule today. Remodelers are still here .... they actually got one of the bathrooms completed!! Looks like my wife has pulled approx. half of the pepper plants. I saw her unloading several truckloads of debris on the brush pile. Sat in the hot tub last evening. Still not feeling to up to par. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Errands morning, doctor, then museum IMAX and food with friends tonight. We met with the contractor yesterday about house maintenance, squirrel and bird damage, etc. They will start tomorrow, I hope. Kudos to Harry’s wife for all her work in the garden. It seems like a never ending job. Feel better Harry.
Enjoy your day and stay healthy. Say ‘hi’ talas.

Well the living room clean up job was deep yesterday, we both had to put in shifts. Need to go buy a new vaccum though,lol. Bleed both break lines on my gravel bike again last evening, have had the breaks compressed overnight to push any air out. Hopefully that does the job. Fixing to find out. Yall be good be kind be awesome. Good morning.

Good morning. It's 59 on its way to 71. My back feels better. Remodelers ..... yes they're still here. I'm hopeful they're done by Thanksgiving :banghead:. My wife is still working on garden tear out. Looks like she's half way through the 120 pepper plants. Busy meeting schedule today. Still planning on taking it easy until the weekend. Just a lot of stretching and sitting in the hot tub. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Busy day yesterday, getting home after 10. Then the cat decided she wanted attention at 2am. I’m planning on a nap this afternoon. The roofers are still not done, the guy working on the siding, etc. should start today. The garage needs to be purged. Someday.
Have a great and and stay safe.

Good morning. It's 44 on its way to 60. Nice cool and clear fall WX. Moderate meeting schedule today. Looking forward to the weekend. I think my wife has only 3-4 more pepper beds to tear out. She's been making slow but steady progress. I pulled a few pods off of some of the remaining plants for seed. Remodelers .... ughhhh! Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. We had frost on everything yesterday, warmer today and the coming week. I still have a few peppers to pick, one whole plant has not ripened - strange. I was ‘gifted’ 3 boxes of ripe fruit I’ll have to deal with soon - probably more applesauce - or the compost pile. No roofers or workers yesterday. Maybe today.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and safe.

Good morning. It's 38 on its way to 68. Working in the basement office until noon. This afternoon, I'm getting my wife's Subaru serviced and new tires. Picking up some BBQ at a town 20 miles west of here on the way back. Looks like my wife has cleared the garden with the exception of a few pepper plants that she said she can't pull out of the ground. I'll have to do that this weekend and pull all of the cage stakes. Burning off the brush piles tomorrow and WX permitting, I'll mow tomorrow afternoon. Got seeds drying for trains, trades and giveaways .... that pungent chinense smell is overpowering! Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Good luck to Sic with his ride today. We spent most of yesterday making applesauce, today we’ll deal w/the pears. No workmen yesterday, too cold. I understand Harry’s wife’s predicament w/the peppers. Same here with the cold, dry soil. Still have carrots to dig though they can be overwintered.
Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Good morning. It's 55 on it way to 63. It's cloudy with a chance of showers. Right now, the rain is just 15 miles to the south of us. The thunder is rumbling. Much bigger storms are forecasted for tonight and tomorrow. Sic .... I Googled Amanda Coker .... what an impressive athlete! Today, I'm burning off the brush piles and removing the last of the plants and stakes from the garden. If the weather holds, I might try to mow this afternoon. Tonight is pizza night! My wife is having lunch with a friend and then running some errands. She told me she's done with the garden for this year! OK LOL. Not much else is going on. The remodelers have Bathroom #1 95% complete, Bathroom #2 50% complete and haven't started on the kitchen yet. As slow as these projects are going, I could have done them myself! Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Back