• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Yesterday’s temp hit 99*F, way too hot for me. CG watering and harvesting after caring for the dog. I picked almost a bucket of green tomatoes for a friend to make her ‘famous’ pies. They really are pretty good. How’s everyone else’s gardens doing?
Enjoy your day and make someone else’s day a bit brighter.

Lots of work going on in our gardens today Catherine. Truck has a load of soil to be added to the grounds as its hard to grow on sand. I was supposed to go get mower un stuck at stables but it rained its ass off last night. Ill go check it. I need to mow and do a couple other chores also today. Thinking about a bike ride first thing this morning. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Didn't sleep well. Bad heartburn. Too much junk food. I need to get back to eating only what we grow or what can get from neighbors. Delivered peppers yesterday. The garden's doing great. Our tomatoes are winding down but the pepper plants are loaded. It will be a busy day. I need to water seal the pergola while my wife and grand daughter pick pods. Football later this afternoon. Having chili later today. Not much else is happening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Looks like a cooler day to work in the gardens. I’m hoping I find a few gals who want to make pickles as I have boxes of cucumbers. Also tomatoes to share. It has been a good year for most veggies. Time for the dog . . .
Enjoy your day and stay healthy.

Good morning. It's 63 on its way to 88. My allergies are bad this morning. Eyes burning ..... etc. Very busy work schedule. Should be a very busy week. Not sure what else is going on today. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Busy Monday w/errands, groceries, the dog, and the garden. I’d like to make crabapple jam for the guy who let us pick the fruit from his tree. Maybe tomorrow.
Hope you feel better, Sic and Harry. Allergy season hits hard.
Enjoy your day the best that you can. Remember those less fortunate.

Been a morning here. Around 2am my wife was walking to the bathroom and stepped on a snake that made its way into our house. She ran, it “ran” and I had to wake up the boys one by one as I searched their rooms. The. It’s been a great big house hunt as I’ve torn apart each room and looked for it. On the plus side the house has never been cleaner.of course…. No sign of the snake.

Last edited:
Good morning. Cloudy, cooler for a day, with a slight chance of rain. Last day to care for the dog, which has been a handful. Crabapple jam is on today’s docket plus pick beets.
Anyone seen the pink grow lights? Barrina is the manufacturer.

Good morning. Cloudy, cooler for a day, with a slight chance of rain. Last day to care for the dog, which has been a handful. Crabapple jam is on today’s docket plus pick beets.
Anyone seen the pink grow lights? Barrina is the manufacturer.
I’ve seen them. I’ve also read that it doesn’t make much difference. But I have no personal testimony if that is true or not. I just use the Mars Hydro grow lights. Good LCD lights. Plus they come with decals with the devils lettuce leaf on them. You know it’s good when the brand is all about the wacky tobacccy! Hahaha

Good morning. It's cool this morning with only a high of 80 forecasted. I've got a moderately busy work schedule today. Noticed thousands of pods out in the garden to harvest. Looks like the tomatoes are about done. The plants are really ragged. We'll have contractors in the house for the next couple of months doing remodels. Need to mow again .... already. We're leaving on Saturday for the Texas Hill Country for a week's vacation. Looking forward to some relaxation. Not much else is happening. I saw the grandkids out in the garden picking sour gherkins. Those gherkins look like tiny watermelons! Be safe and be good.

Puppy is terror! She is in the let me come in from outside and crap on the floor faze,lol. Going to spend a few hours at one of our clean up job today, suppose to be my day off. Anyone see any good movies lately? Hot, humid and it will rain on us today as usual. Have a great day be awesome have fun and good morning.

Good morning. The garden is still going strong in places, but it’s nice to start removing plants. The neighbors are home so no dog care for awhile. That is one spoiled dog. I made crabapple jam yesterday and will deliver a few jars to the man who owns the tree. His wife passed away last year so he hasn’t had ‘his jam’ since Covid came into our lives.
Have a wonderful day and pay it forward.

Good morning. It's 65 on its way to 85. Busy meeting schedule today. Getting the property in order so we can head out on vacation. Not much else is happening. My allergies have improved the last couple of days. What's going on with the USPS? Shipping takes longer and longer and longer. Not sure what my wife has going on ..... I think she's cooking up some meals for our house sitter. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Pets are like kids, only more spoiled 😊. Have a wonderful vacation, Harry. Nice time to relax. I have the dog again while the neighbor goes in for chemo. First comes the CG and some cleanup, then more pickled beets.
Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Off to mow, still hot still humid still going to rain on us this afternoon. Hopefully everything gets done so I dont have to work tomorrow. Ill have to work but hopefully only at the house. Have a great day, be kind, be nice. Good morning.

Good morning. It's 69 on its way to 88. Working in the office until mid morning and then I'm mowing/trimming. I'm hoping it only takes 5 hours. Getting the vehicle ready to go and then packing/loading up the vehicle after that. Leaving for vacation in the morning. Grilling and beverages later this evening. Be safe, be good and be blessed. S.M.I.L.E.

Back