• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. I got the Covid booster yesterday and like Harry’s wife, it totally was in charge. I shivered most of the night, and will definitely take it easy today. Even the cat stayed next to me most of the night. Sunny today and cold, 15*F last night.
Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Hope everyone is feeling better. The eclipse was a bust, woke up to a cop pulling someone over down the road. He was on his loud speaker. Not much going on today. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Spent yesterday in bed, achy and headache. This AM is somewhat better, but still achy.I don’t plan on going anywhere except the bed and the recliner. Hopefully no more shots.
Enjoy your day and make someone else’s day a bit brighter. Thanks for the feel better greeting, Sic.

Good morning. It was 27 when I got up and it's supposed to make it to 50 today. Another day in the office. OK meeting schedule. Remodelers are finishing up the bathrooms but the kitchen is completely torn up. My wife is feeling OK this morning .... she informed me that we're furniture shopping tomorrow. I've got a match late tomorrow afternoon. Not sure what else we've got going on this weekend. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's 41 on its way to 56. Heading out to an Amish community (approx. 40 miles southwest from here) to look for some furniture. Probably get some lunch while we're out. My wife has a "girls night" this evening at one of her sister's. I'm going to the playoff match later this afternoon. No remodelers today. Not much else going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It sounds like Harry’s wife and Sic are on the mend. Amish furniture is great, we have some from Lancaster, PA. Nothing much going on today, probably going to the mall just to get out of the house. We may see a few gifts for under the tree?
Enjoy your day and make someone else’s a bit brighter.

Good morning. It's 45 on its way to 55. Crazy windy. Didn't buy any furniture yesterday but saw some very nice pieces. We've got a few more places to go. Great match last evening. My voice is still horse this morning. Sic .... a new washer ..... damn. Grilling and beverages this afternoon. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. The trip to the mall and many stores wore me out, but we did find a few gifts for the tree. Didn’t find what we were looking for though. We’re planning 2 holiday meals, one w/a Wagyu roast and the next day at a restaurant w/more friends. Time to gather up gifts for USPS and maybe get them sent before Thursday.
Have a wonderful day and wear those masks.

Harry the wife wasnt happy with my proposal of using a washboard and tub so I caved and got a new washer,lol. Nothing fancy as we have gave up on getting the newest and best. Have had nothing but problems with all these fancy appliances. No led screens no apps for your phone so you can start and stop the machine while your out on a date. Just give me 2 dials and a on off button,lol. 2 small jobs today and some chores. Wife is painting our sliding glass door with a elephant scene. Should look pretty good she is very artistic. Yall be good and have a great day. Good morning.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 30 on its way to 48. Not much on the meeting schedule for today. I might actually get some work completed! Sic .... I hear ya re: the fancy appliances. Didn't do much yesterday. Took it easy and watched some football. It was crazy windy. I'm working today and tomorrow and then I've got the rest of the week off for Thanksgiving :metal:. Hopefully the remodelers show up. Not sure what else is happening today. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Today marks Denver’s latest day w/out snow - not the best record to set. We really need the moisture. Monday errands and then Dr. appt. I hope to bring a load of misc. stuff to ARC, it’s been waiting most of the summer 🙃.
Enjoy your week and leave the stress somewhere else.

Good morning. It's 32 on its way to 60. Still nice. Extremely busy meeting schedule today. This is my last day "in the office" until next Monday. Made a Costco run last evening. We should be good to go on supplies for a few weeks. The remodelers will be back this morning. I've got lots of small indoor/outdoor jobs for the next few days and more furniture shopping. There's always firewood to split too. I think the kiddos will be here later in the week. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It looks like a beautiful, sunny day so the outside of the house will be worked on. Four boxes of school supplies left the house, so good to have a bit more space. Little by little. I have the dogs today, she will start a clinical trial next month, so I’ll have a different schedule.
Enjoy your day. Make someone else’s day a bit brighter.

have to go to the stables and clean up the grounds, havent been there in a month it seems. Not much else going on. Getting in the house and staying in it. Its 45 at the moment and our humidity is down to %50. thats cold for us florida boys. Yall be good and have a great day. Good morning. safe travels to you and your familys.

Good morning. It's 55 on its way to 65. Should be a nice day but extremely windy. 50% humidity here too. The bottom drops out tomorrow with a high around 35. Took the day off from the office. Heading to the city to do some furniture shopping and then splitting firewood after we get back. Grilling and beverages this evening. Not sure what is else is going on today. Be safe and be good.

Buying some honey from a buddy this morning. We are meeting at a truck stop right off the interstate. Its like a drug deal, ill be in my white with all black trim van waiting,lol. Its like when I was selling lots of pepper powder, I would always have someone I was meeting outside with baggies of powder. Wife has to go to stables then we are going on a bike ride. Pressure washing the mowers and cleaning work truck this afternoon. We are having homemade pizza and watching a couple movies tonight. Bless up have a great day, safe travels for all that are on the move and good morning.

Happy thanksgiving.

Back