• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving. It's frigid. It's 30 on its way to 35 with 30 mph sustained winds. With the windchill, it's in the teens. The cats wouldn't even go out. Holing up inside today. No pickups or deliveries here. I do have to venture out to grill some Porterhouses in the early afternoon. We've still got no kitchen. No traveling and no visitors. The kids and grandkids will be here tomorrow. Yesterday, we went up to the city for some furniture shopping. We're looking for a rustic dining room table and a bedroom set. We found some pieces we like but of course they are out of stock and have a 6-9 month leadtime. Taking it easy today. Probably watch a little football and maybe take a nap :lol:. I might open a bottle of the "good" stuff later on. Be safe, be blessed and be good. Enjoy the Holiday!!!

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving. Just put the roast in the slow cooker so I have a few hours to relax. We actually got an inch + of snow yesterday that’s still on the ground As it’s 24*F. The daughter and 2-3 friends will be coming over for a meal and games.
Enjoy this fine holiday. I am very thankful for you, my fine friends. Please wear those masks around crowds.

The honey I picked up yesterday is amazing! Possibly the best the wife and I have ever had. Had a decent talk with the guy and I believe Im going to get into bees. I can totally see myself becoming a master bee keeper, and I need a new hobby. I know we have one job today and possibly another but I wont know till later. Hope everyone had a peaceful day yesterday. Nice to see you drop in talas! Good morning.

Good morning. It's 25 on its way to 55. Sic ..... local honey is big business. All of our Farmer's Markets have multiple honey booths. Interesting. Not working today. Got small chore stuff to do. I might split some more firewood. The grandkids will be here this afternoon. I've got a couple of football games to watch too. It's lasagna day! I guess my wife will be able to use her oven. Not sure what else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Nice to see talas here yesterday. Way too much food yesterday, lots of fun playing Rummikube and re-living memories. Today we are taking a dear friend out to eat for her turkey fix, then back home with the whole family for more games and probably a movie. Best of luck with bees, Sic, it’s hard work but very profitable.
Enjoy your Friday and stay healthy.

Good morning. Today looks like a chill day after lots of unplanned shopping, mostly supplies for holiday baking. I’m hoping to get one box ready to send to a brother who likes warmer pickles, etc. Best of luck w/your bees, Sic. They will work hard for you and we need the pollinators.
Have a wonderful day. Wear those masks and stay healthy.

Good morning. It's 40 on its way to 55. Very nice WX. Watching a few football matches this morning. Our grand daughter is here. I think the girls have got a plan for later on that includes the hot tub and the fire pit. My plan includes grilling and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's 35 on its way to 55. Not much going on today. Going to the playoff match this afternoon. I should be home in time to grill tonight. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's 38 on its way to 65. Unbelievably nice for this time of year. Busy work schedule today. The remodelers will be back. Of course, we can't find any furniture that we like in stock. Everything has at least a 6 month lead-time. Not sure what we're going to do. Might just keep what we've got. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's 41 (5c) on its way to 58 (14c). Slight chance of rain. Unbelievably nice. Busy meeting schedule today. Tough times for furniture salesmen on commissions ..... LOL. I've been noticing the car lots are empty too. It's taken awhile for the shortages to make its way to the middle of the country. Not much else is happening. Hopefully the remodel job will be completed by the end of the week. I'll believe when I see it. The job was bid to be completed in 3-4 weeks. We're going on 3-4 months!!!!! Good thing it's a firm fixed price job. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's 1 December and it's 40 (4c) on its way to 68 (20c). Moderately busy meeting schedule today. The remodelers are telling me they'll be done this week. I've got a wager with them that it won't be done until next week. Based on history, I've got this wager won already. Once the remodelers are done ..... we're doing interior painting.

Sic .... not good. When I get left side pain like that, it's diverticulitis ..... but I certainly wouldn't take any medical advice off of a forum.

I'm going to have to mow again! This will be a record. I have never mowed in December since we moved to the farm 20+ years ago. Starting to work on plans for the weekend. Looks like more furniture shopping, firewood splitting and mowing. Be safe and be good.

Back