• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Sunny and in the 40’s already. The snow will be dwindling soon. Harry, the virus numbers are high here, too, and ‘they’ predict it won’t spike for another 2 weeks here. Smart to stay home. Any new tomatoes you’re planning on trying this year, Harry? My DIL gave me some weird seeds for Xmas that I may try, nothing definite.
Have a wonderful day and stay safe. S.M.I.L.E. - I feel I’m in that category lately.

Good Morning all! Was busy all day yesterday with taking my brother to the hospital for outpatient surgery. Had to be there at crack-of-dawn but laid there for four hours before going in for the procedure. What a waste of time. Didn't get home until after dark, just before it snowed another six inches last night lol. Today is a day of rest, haha. Sunny and 28F, which is supposed to be the high. Tonight the forecast is 5F. That's cold for these here parts. Always happy to see you post Catherine! Have a great day and be safe everyone!

Good morning. It's 24 on its way to 40. Freezing drizzle right now. Sic .... sorry to hear your wife is ill. Working on seeds and garden plans this morning. French toast, bacon and eggs in a little while. Not much else is happening. Maybe some football watching this afternoon. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Prayers for Sic’s wife to feel much better. Sorry Downriver’s day at the hospital was wasted, but you were there in case something went wrong. I’m sure he appreciated it. Nothing much going on here, waiting for normalcy. One nursery sent a coupon for half price seeds, maybe in a few weeks I can figure out what I hope to grow.
Have a wonderful Saturday. Stay healthy and hydrated.
Good Morning all! Was busy all day yesterday with taking my brother to the hospital for outpatient surgery. Had to be there at crack-of-dawn but laid there for four hours before going in for the procedure. What a waste of time. Didn't get home until after dark, just before it snowed another six inches last night lol. Today is a day of rest, haha. Sunny and 28F, which is supposed to be the high. Tonight the forecast is 5F. That's cold for these here parts. Always happy to see you post Catherine! Have a great day and be safe everyone!

Good chilly morning! It was 12F this morning but the sun had been up a while before I looked at the thermometer. It's sunny and on it's way to 28F. Hope your wife feels better real soon Sic. Not much scheduled for today - maybe work on garden planning and watch some football this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day, and be safe out there.

Sonya is feeling much better today. She is going to do some paintings today while I go on a bike ride. Going to Weeki Wachi to ride. Very beautiful, look it up if you have a free moment. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 20 with a high of 30. Not sure what we've got going today. Too cold to do much outside. I expect I'll watch some futbol/football sometime today and do some seed sorting. My wife's got a ham cooking and the house smells great! Have great Sunday! Be safe and be good.

Good morning folks. 39F on it's way to 46F today, with freezing rain and drizzle all day. Yuck. Nothing of note planned for the day. Probably watch the Washington blanks play the NY Giants. Enjoy the mermaids Sic - take pics! Catherine - keep getting better and remember to eat lots of peppers and hot sauce lol. Have a great day everybody and be safe out there.

Good morning. Glad to hear Sonya’s feeling better. The temps seem to be normal - 16*F to 38*F, looks like a beautiful, sunny day. It’s time to take down the rest of Xmas, maybe later. I’m sure football and Netflix are on the agenda for today.
Enjoy your day and make someone’s even brighter. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. It's 17 (-8c) on its way to 40 (4c). Looks like we'll be in the 50s starting tomorrow through Friday. Moderate meeting schedule today. Not much is going on around the property. I need to do hot tub maintenance sometime in the next couple of days. I also need to drive out in the pasture and pick up some boxes that blew out of our burn pile. That's about it. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Good morning. Currently 33F, sunny and breezy, on its way to 32F today. The forecast for tonight is 13F. Still pretty cold for these parts. Snow mostly melted from yesterday's drizzling rain. Working on updating seed inventory today. Have an excellent day and be safe.

Good morning. It's 24 (-4c) on its way to 53 (12c). Very nice indeed. Sic ..... clearing a creek out? Brush removal? Doesn't sound pleasant. We're cutting back on the number of plants this year. Somewhere around 100 total plants between the peppers and tomatoes. My seeds are ready to go. We're more than a month away from starting peppers and a little less than 2 months away from starting the tomatoes. I've been working lots of hours the past few months. 12-14 hours/day. It's getting old. Moderate meeting schedule today. Last evening, I got out in the pasture and retrieved all of the empty boxes that blew out of our burn pile. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. I have a couple of blood tests and errands so I can enjoy a bit of sunshine today. We’ll see how it goes. Slow and steady. Harry, I’m glad you’re ready for gardening - I’m ready but not quite there. I always say I’m cutting back, but this year I’m sure I will. It will just be nice to be playing in the dirt again.
Enjoy your day. Share your day with others.

Good morning! Beautiful, sunny day - albeit cold. Currently 23F on its way to 31F. Driving the BIL to Dr's appointment this afternoon. He doesn't drive. Not much else planned. Harry - aren't you supposed to re-retire this month? Take care of yourselves and be safe out there.

Back