• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Stayed home yesterday feeling better today but still staying home. Wife made a nice chicken noodle soup last evening. Watched several movies yesterday with a repeat of that today. Will do a couple small easy chores. The kind that dont stop because of the way you feel. Be good have a terrific day be kind. Good morning.

Good morning. It's 30 (-1c) on its way to 51 (11c). It should be sunny and windy. Snow's in the forecast for Saturday. Moderate meeting schedule. My wife made a meatloaf yesterday so we'll be eating that for several days. I need to start working on the fishing room. Maybe this weekend. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Looks like a beautiful sunny day. It was nice to be outside and run a few errands yesterday, maybe one more today or tomorrow. I don’t think Harry will fully retire yet, maybe only a few hours a day. Still waiting for a seed order, I’m sure they’re swamped right now. One of our grocery stores, Kroger, went on strike this AM. I’m not planning on crossing their line except for the pharmacy. I heard the shelves were as bare as in the beginning of Covid.
Have a wonderful day. Stay hydrated and healthy.

Good Morning! Another bright, sunny day. Currently 37F on its way to 51F. Weatherman said yesterday was the coldest day here in three years! With this balmy weather, I think I'll grill some chicken today. Need to add some organization to my seed cache. Beans outta control. Healthy wishes to Catherine and Sic. Harry - retirement is much more fun than working. I highly recommend it. Have a good day and be safe everyone!

headed to the swamp to ride out the rest of this cold , im actually feeling fine. Have a couple errands afterwards. Need to get truck ready this afternoon for tomorrow. Got to go to the creek job tomorrow. Our beans in the garden are also going crazy along with tomatoes. Have a great dasy and good morning.

Good morning. It's 32 (0c) on its way to 52 (11c). Snow tomorrow night/Saturday. Very busy meeting schedule today from 0800-1800. DR .... I've got to believe that retirement will be much more fun than working! I've got a buddy that is retiring next month and he takes every opportunity to let me know it. Sic .... good to hear you're feeling fine. Got to get that nasty "creek job" done!!!!! Tomorrow, I have to drive into town to meet with my Financial Advisor. Maybe I'll make my retirement decision directly after meeting with him :shocked:!

I also need to drive some of our vehicles around this weekend. It does them no good to sit for months. Fishing room organization this weekend ..... It's just got to get done! I need to finish organizing my seed cache too. My 2022 grow list continues to evolve and I've still got a few trains, swaps and a couple of outstanding orders to receive. I haven't left the property in almost 2 weeks again ..... tomorrow will be the first time in awhile. Apparently, the COVID nonsense is rampant in the KC Metro. Yesterday, my wife made a crockpot chicken. We ate that last night and most likely tonight. Not much exciting stuff going on. Be safe, be blessed and be good. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning! It's kinda overcast and gray looking at 36F, heading to 47F. Grilled and sauced chicken last night. Will probably run some over to my Mother & brother for their dinner tonight. BIL has been diagnosed with carpal tunnel - bummer. The first course of action is to wear a wrist brace for 2-4 months and see if that helps. Like Harry, need to start the "old" truck and drive it a bit. I think I only put like 500 miles on it last year. We only use it to haul stuff - mulch, lumber, trash, etc. Sic, you should write a book - 'The Nasty Creek Job' lol. Has a nice ring to it. Stay on the mend Catherine! Have a good day and be safe everyone!

Good morning. 30*F-57*F today, before a cold front w/little snow comes tonight. We did a few errands yesterday, one to a nursery to get a few seeds. Now to venture into the basement and organize the seeds and grow areas. There’s always too much stuff left after the garden is done. We may start getting the baby layettes ready today - we make 10 every month, with 15+ items in each, like diapers, 2 blankets, changing pad, onesie, pJs, wipes, shampoo, lotion, pacifier, bottles, toy, book, etc. They are delivered to a distribution center for the needy. We’ve been doing this about 18 years.
I hope you have a wonderful day. Stay safe and healthy. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning! It's kinda overcast and gray looking at 36F, heading to 47F. Grilled and sauced chicken last night. Will probably run some over to my Mother & brother for their dinner tonight. BIL has been diagnosed with carpal tunnel - bummer. The first course of action is to wear a wrist brace for 2-4 months and see if that helps. Like Harry, need to start the "old" truck and drive it a bit. I think I only put like 500 miles on it last year. We only use it to haul stuff - mulch, lumber, trash, etc. Sic, you should write a book - 'The Nasty Creek Job' lol. Has a nice ring to it. Stay on the mend Catherine! Have a good day and be safe everyone!
DR ..... It seems like during the winter, only the wife's Subaru "grocery hauler" gets driven with any frequency. I've also got 2 trucks and my "going back-n-forth to work car" that don't get driven much this time of year. Especially since I work from home now :banghead::banghead:.

Good morning. It's 30 (-1c) on its way to 50 (10c). Snow tonight through tomorrow. Light meeting schedule today. I've got several Dr. appointments that require me to drive to the city this morning. Not much else is going on. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

The nasty creek job has been postponed. Wish it would just go away but thats not happening. Headed out to pick up some rodent windmills for a customer then a couple chores. wife and I are going to relax and watch movies. Yall be good have a safe day be nice to those around even know all these pricks dont deserve it. Good morning.

Good morning. 23*F-48*F today. Nothing on the docket today - nice to just relax. Sic - what’s a rodent windmill? Yesterday we saw a bad driver get his due - right in front of us. He drove over 3 lanes to turn left, not stopping, and got hit by a van. Crunched the whole right front, bent the wheel. Luckily a police car was right there and saw the accident.
All the best w/your doctors, Harry.
Have a wonderful day and try to stay healthy.

Well, it's currently 43F and Feels Like 33F, and that's the high for today. On it's way to 19F tonight. Got the Xmas lights off the bushes yesterday, but not the house - too much snow still up there. Probably finish off bottling another hot sauce today. Might start a new batch of cider. Good Morning, stay healthy and be safe everyone!

Good morning. It's 20 (-7c) on its way to 25 (-4c), snowing and very windy. I've got a couple of hours of office work to do this morning. After that, I'm going to work on seed sorting and possibly start organizing my fishing equipment room. We'll see. Football watching this afternoon. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's currently 22F on its way to 30F today. Snow forecast for tomorrow. Need to bring the tractor up out of the pole barn in preparation to clear the driveway. Also need to get a couple seed packages out in the mail today. Not sure what else is planned - probably watch some football this evening. Happy Saturday! Be safe out there.

Catherine its a metal windmill kinda that sends a frequency that drives moles away. Google mole windmill, they are a great tool. Im also glad bad driver got his, impatient idiots have destroyed this earth. Chilling and being lazy today with the wife. We both feel week. Its cold and going to be terrible tomorrow. Rain and 3o mph winds with a high in the 50s. I promise that is way colder than yall think,lol. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Yesterday’s snow is on its way to Harry and Downriver. We only have another 3” or so, but it’s cold - 18*F to 44*F this afternoon. We ordered a fireplace insert in October as that room stays cold - gas fireplace w/no flue. Still waiting, but it may be on the truck today. Sure.
Sic - I’ve never seen a mole. We get voles, but they’re not similar. One year my whole crop of carrots and beets were gone. The voles ate the roots and left the tops so nothing looked different.
Enjoy your day and share it w/family.

Back