• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 73 on its way to 88. Rain in the area. Heading out to check the bait traps in a little while. Not sure what else is going on. WX permitting, mowing/trimming this afternoon. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's mostly sunny and 63F, on its way to 84F with a RealFeel of 92F. Gonna be a sweaty kind of day. Need to plant a late straggler tray of peppers and a few tomatoes, but have to finish row prep first. Also plan on caging the peppers that are already planted. Some are starting to take off. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday! Be safe out there.

Yesterday was brutal, hot even for this tough guy. Heat index ended up being 113 with %90 humidity level. Rain brought in a cold front last night though. High for the next week is only 90 with actually feel like temps, rain forecasted every day also. Going to need a jacket😉 Breakfast then going on a bike ride. Totally just going to chill this evening, chores can wait for tomorrow. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 79 on its way to 90. We've been invaded by the Japanese beetles. The war has started! Going to take my wife out for her anniversary sometime today. That's about it for today. Going to watch the match this afternoon. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Cloudy and cool, waiting for rain. The cold front blew into the picnic time, we watched all the geese scatter into the pond. Grubby Saturday at church to do chores we neglect throughout the year. The kids plan on coming down for the afternoon with their dogs. It will be a very busy day.
Happy anniversary to Harry’s wife.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and hydrated.

Sunny, humid and 73F, on its way to 88F. Caged all the peppers and prepped two more rows yesterday. Will plant stragglers today. Need to cut grass, but that might be a little optimistic lol. Have a great Saturday everybody. Good Morning!

Good morning. It's 70 on its way to 77. Yippee! Rain is just south of us. Very nice outside with low humidity and dewpoint. Not sure what we've got going on today. I might try to make a bait run sometime this afternoon. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Yesterday’s predicted rain stayed south of us, maybe today the wind will bring moisture. The temps stayed a cool 51-71F, so I made lots of soup. Unusual weather for the end of June, but we’ll take it. Nothing much planned for today, maybe Netflix tonight after burgers on the grill.
Enjoy your day. Keep loved ones close.

Good morning. It is sunny and 78F, on its way to 85F (rf 94F) with the chance of a thunderstorm. Ended up cutting the grass yesterday, so planting will be today. Then just chillin. Currently watching the series Hanna on Amazon Prime. Hope everybody has a nice and restful Sunday!

Last edited:
Morning all - warm and sunny today but not too hot. Need to get out there and do some hoe-hoe-hoeing, work this afty.
Still trying to clear all the toddlers from the greenhouse and yesterday I committed chilli planticide and got rid of the ones that just aren't going to make it this year - I hate doing that :(

Had a wonderful time just relaxing and being with each other yesterday. Watched It 2, well wife watched I fell asleep but will try to watch it tonight. Off to mow in a bit, picked up another account and he is pre paying until October. Hard to complain about that. Got a cow with a limp hopefully its better this morning. Probably from standing in the burn pile, stupid cow. Hope everyone has a great week. Good morning.

Good morning. It's 59 (15c) on its way to 80 (27c). Very nice WX. Didn't sleep very well. Not sure why. Going out to check the garden in a little while. Maybe bait trapping after that. Still fighting those damn Japanese beetles. This is the first time we've got them in the 20+ years we've lived here. Might be because of my bride's rose bushes. They seem to love those. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Dry and 50’s this morning. Usual Monday errands plus two of the CGardeners will be gone for more than a week, so I’ll water their gardens too. Tinkerbelle, I understand when you have to say good bye to your plants. This year was a difficult one for my superhots and most were not planted.
I hope your day goes well. Stay healthy and safe.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 73F, on its way to 83F. A little cooler today, but rain and thunderstorms called for all day. Yesterday's "chance of a thunderstorm" turned into a 3 hour soaker - almost an inch of rain. Good for the garden, especially the straggler peppers planted before the rain - yay! Don't know what's on the agenda for today - hope it's just laying low and chillin. Have a marvelous Monday everybody!

Back