• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Yesterday’s 101F temp kept me in most of the day, but cooled down for the evening. I need to make pickles again soon, maybe spears this time. More beets are calling, too. Just no tomatoes this year 😢.
Have a wonderful day. Stay cool and safe.

Good Morning!
6c right now, day temps still in the 30's , up to 37 next week.
Not much growing, plants mini like last year, a handful of pods, 3-4 per plant, just not growing muc. All other fruit are tart compared to last year, cherries, blackcurrants etc, only fruit sweet are the Gooseberries.
No smoke this year, thats a plus.
Trap shooting day, not much else happening.
Have a great day and stay safe!
:)

Good morning. It's sunny and 76, on its way to 84 (rf 93). Severe afternoon thunderstorms forecast again for today. We've had them the last two nights, receiving a total of almost 2" of rain. NICE! Today is errands day. Maybe head down to the garden later this afternoon, maybe not lol. @dragonsfire, that's like a temp swing of 40F - 90F? If I was a plant, I'd be really confused as well lol. Hope everybody has a super Saturday! Be safe out there.

Morning chilli heads - another hot and blustery day, least the wind keeps the temps down.
Not much planned for today - a bbq and beer for lunch, then motorbike racing this afternoon.
Have a good Sunday and keep cool

Good morning. WX gal says rain today, so I’m geared up for that. Beets need to be picked and pickled, nice day for that. The family is home from hubby’s mom’s funeral, I stayed home with the gardens and the cat.
Feel better, Sic. Take time to heal.
Have a great day and enjoy nature.

It's sunny and 71, on its way to 88 (rf 96). Very humid again today. We didn't see any thunderstorms yesterday, but the weather guessers are calling for them again this afternoon. Not much planned for today, just chillin and maybe watch some golf. Hope everybody has a restful Sunday. Good Morning!

Mornin' all - another hot one, 32C, but with the northerly breeze it's bearable.
Work this a.m., then doing all the chores I should've done yesterday.
Have a good one and keep cool.

Good morning. Finally a nice rain last night though the storm was as noisy and windy. Pickling beets today and enjoying not to have to water. The Japanese beetles and June bugs have found the peach tree, so I’ve been patrolling the tree to find them. Not my favorite job. Those bugs can be ravenous.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy your gardens and share your bounties.

Good morning. It's sunny and 74, on its way to 89 (rf 98). Heat continues but relief is in sight later this week. Finished loading software and transferring files to the new-to-me laptop yesterday. Everything seems to be working, at least so far. Taking BIL to Dr this morning. Unfortunately, I think he has discovered what sciatica is, but we will see. Maybe heading down to the garden this afternoon, but the heat might change those plans. Have a magnificent Monday everybody!

Morning chilli people - another hot blustery day with temps hitting 34C and that north-easterly wind is still a-blowing.
Work today. Then slob out in my padded cell when I get home.
Have a good Tuesday and keep cool.
Edit: The heat out there is brutal and I've decided I'd rather work with dogs than people :D

Last edited:
Good morning. Another warm day ahead, lots of weeds to remove after the rain. They just wait and then explode when they get wet. We have a bit of shopping and errands today, then chill away from the heat. Those Japanese beetles are definitely a nuisance.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy nature’s beauty.

Good morning. Another brutally hot day ahead. It's currently sunny and 80, on its way to 91 (rf 101). A chance thunderstorm possible again today. Yesterday's brought about .75" of rain. I'll take it. If it's dry enough, plan on cutting the grass. At least do some weed whacking. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there.

Morning chilli people - another hot day, 35C with that northerly breeze.
The peppers are not liking this at all. I'll give them a feed today to cheer them up.
It's a day off and not much planned except catching up on chores, maybe a siesta this afternoon - #living the high-life
Have a good hump day and keep cool.

No sleep for me again tonight. Sun's coming up. Just work today.

Daughter's been away for some days now, still another week or so before she'll be home. We miss her.

Have a great day, everybody!

Last edited:
Back