• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's cloudy and 36F, on its way to 47F. Some sun this afternoon. That's what the forecast looks like the rest of the month. Have a few errands to run today, then home for peace and quiet. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there.

Morning chickens, another mild, wet, windy day on the cards.
Got bitten by a donkey yesterday, you should see the bruise! 7 years working with frightened/maltreated dogs and no bite not ever, and an attention seeking donkey chomps me - go figure!
Getting my backside in gear for a very busy week next week - so loads of chores and shopping for today.
Have a good Thursday - be calm, be cool, be smiley and try not to get bitten by an ass :lol:

Good morning. It's 20 (-7c) on its way to 40 (4c). It's bundle up chilly. Office work this morning and then maybe run some errands. It's too damn cold and windy to do much. Tink .... a donkey bite does not sound pleasant .... good grief. We're finally done with DirecTv (after 23 years). Sent all of their stuff back to them yesterday. Good riddance. Not much else is going on. Looks like I'll be grilling some pork chops this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's currently sunny and 33F, on its way to 40F. Sunny and breezy this afternoon. Taking Mom home from rehab today. She was there about a month. Seems to have helped a little. She's certainly ready to leave. T-Belle, was that by an ass, in the ass, or both? lol. Harry - we did the same with Dish a few weeks ago. The equipment was so old, they told us to keep it, ha. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there.

Last edited:
Good morning. Cold 16-29F, just waiting for the snow, though we have 2 Dr. appts. today. These appts. are getting old. Sorry for your bites, Tinkerbelle. Very painful I’m sure. Re: the TV, we have a family plan, so whatever the kids pay for, we just tag along and pay our portion. Still way too $$$.
Have a great Thursday. Stay healthy and warm.

Good morning. It's 16 (-9c) on its way to 26 (-3c). Coldest day so far. Sic .... you'll freeze solid. You might have to shop for some cold weather gear once you get to TN! Today, I've got some office work for a couple of hours and then the weekend begins! Grilled some pork chops last evening. Not sure what's on the menu for this evening. The grand kids will be here. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Afternoon all - it's a glorious day out there, typical when I put shorts and vests away.
Have a good time Sic.
Been baking cakes all a.m. for the charity shop.
Walk in the woods planned for this afternoon.
And more importantly, TFIF! Be cool, be safe and be smiley :lol:

It's sunny and 29F, on its way to 44F. Heavy frost this morning. Another wing-it day. Might play with seeds to get ready for the train. Sic - have a safe trip and enjoy yourself. Hope everybody has a wicked good Friday. Good Morning!

Have a great time Sic.
Cold, sunny morning, just how I like 'em. I'm dog & chicken sitting for neighbours at the moment, so dog walked and fed, chickens sorted.
Rest of the day is my own, sort of :lol:
Have a good Saturday people, be cool, be calm and be smiley - you know you want to :D

Good morning. It's cold and sunny here too! The coffee is tasting good this AM. It's currently 18 (-8c) on its way to 32 (0c). The wife's cats won't go out yet :)! Chickens! The grandkids are here and keeping us busy. I need to make a run to liquor store this morning and will be watching football this afternoon. Grilling green chili cheeseburgers this evening. Have a great Saturday! Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning! Matter of fact, that cold and sunny is here too - 20F, on its way to 44F. Got seeds sorted out yesterday. Now just waiting for the train, ha. A few errands today, then stop by Mom's. Maybe binge watch something later. Have a super Saturday everybody! Be safe out there.

Good morning. Quite chilly day 9-39F, hopefully warming up next week. Time to take the turkeys out of the freezer and let them enjoy the fridge for a few days. We got about 9” of snow that should stay around until next week. The cat ventured out into the snow, looking for birds or something to chase. That lasted 5 minutes. Grocery shopping before the shelves get bare.
Have a wonderful Saturday. Enjoy family and pets.

Good morning. It's 20 (-7c) here on its way to 45 (7c). Starting a warming trend. Sunny. The grandkids are still here but I expect they'll go home sometime today. Probably watch some football and cleanup after the kiddos leave. Need to get something out to grill this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. The normal temps are returning, 20-47F today. Yesterday daughter arrived to help clean up and clean out the freezers. She wanted a turkey so she worked for it (!). Conclusion - we have way too much broccoli. Making soup is on the docket for Friday. Busy AM, probably TV later on.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy family and friends.

Back