• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 19 (-7c) on its way to 36 (2c). Much colder. Good to see THP on the thread! The grandkids are here ..... keeping me busy. I've got the World Cup to watch this morning followed by the Big 12 Championship game. I'd like to grill some ribeyes today but it's very cold. Sic .... yep ... you need to hide. I stay far away when the hens are pecking. Be safe, be good and stay warm.

Good morning. Group breakfast w/a speaker, men only, so daughter and I will be crashing the party to listen to a friend talk about his career. More shopping, hanging out with daughter. Time to put up the Christmas tree and enjoy the holidays. Wish I could be in the garden with Sonya, Sic. I miss being outdoors in the dirt and fresh garden tomatoes.
Have a great day. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. It's overcast and 54F, heading to 61F. Morning rain then cloudy and windy. Thinking about loading the Gator onto the trailer and hauling it to the nephews. I never did get it running - not real interested I guess. Plus, when working on it, everything is about kneecap level, so you're bent over the whole time. That just destroys my back. Anyway, he likes tinkering and has been badgering me so I might give in. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. It's sunny and 20F, on its way to 51F. Starting off a little brisk this morning, brrr. Just wrapped up seed-train A. On its way to the P.O. Also need to make that "final" trip to the vet this morning for our oldest cat, Sunshine. She's almost 19yo. She was a great companion. We'll miss her. Hope everybody has a better day than us today. Be safe out there.
Sorry for your loss, Rick.

Morning all - another dark, cold, damp, grey day - I suppose that's all I can expect now :(
In here, life is beautiful. The girls are beautiful. Even the orchestra is beautiful! - sorry having a Cabaret moment :lol:
Not much planned today, except a good dinner, nap, chocolate - rinse and repeat
Have a peaceful Sunday you lovely people - be cool, be calm, be smiley :D

Good morning and Happy Sunday from the Heartland. It's 24 (-4c) on its way to 43 (6c). Not much going on today. Watching some football. Planning to grill those ribeyes today. I don't know what grandma and grand daughter are doing. I expect by now they've movie "streamed" themselves comatose. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Cloudy and 30F. The weather gals keep saying SNOW, but it must pass on by to Kansas. Lots of shopping with daughter yesterday so I’ll start wrapping a few gifts, waiting for one order. Looks like a Netflix afternoon. Sic, one day we may show up at Sonja’s garden, it’s a small world. 😀
S.M.I.L.E. And have a wonderful day.

Good Morning Pixel GIF by Kagami Shinohara

Good morning. It's 35 (2c) on its way to 53 (12c) and cloudy. Working in the basement office this morning and playing in the barn this afternoon. Not much else is going on. Maybe drive a few of the vehicles that don't get driven much. Be safe and be good.

Morning all, dull, cold and grey out there - gimme me snow!!!!!
Running late this a.m., doesn't help that the cat and Mr Tinks are helping me get ready and out the door - can't decide who to kill first :lol:
Have a good Tuesday chilli people and be warm, be calm and be smiley :D
(I need to take my own advice)

Good morning. It's overcast and 38F, on its way to 51F. Rain and drizzle is the forecast for today. Left the Gator at the nephew's Sunday evening. While driving home Monday, he sent a video of it running, lol. It was running rough though, but he said he just needs to talk to it a little more, ha. Minnie Moo-Moo to the vet this morning. Just a check up for her. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 34 (1c) on its way to 43 (6c). Cool and cloudy. Turned down the heat in the house. It was just too hot. Working in the office for awhile and then I've got an eye doctor appointment this afternoon in town. Might watch some World Cup mid morning. Probably pick up some takeout after my eye appointment. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It looks like normal temps for a change, so most of the crusty snow has melted from the lawn. When it warms up a bit, I have lots of bulbs to plant in pots just to keep them alive until next Fall. I couldn’t pass up a great sale. Sic, how are your bees doing?
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy the holiday season, and remember those less fortunate.

Morning it's Hump Day - another NE wind coming through - brrrrrrrrrr
2 kittens for fostering arrive today, they're staying with me for a week before they're permanently adopted - let the chaos begin :lol:
So today I shall be kitten proofing my body and the house.
Have a good Wednesday, be calm, be warm and be smiley :D

Back