marketing Good T-Shirt websites?

Not really sure where this post falls under so throwing it in the business section.

I'm looking into making some t-shirts to sell. From what I've seen t-shirts don't seem very profitable at all, but really just to get the brand out there. Curious to see what others think about offering them for sale.

With that said, does anyone know of any good websites for designing t-shirts with decent prices?

You can use a local screenprinter (you will save a lot on shipping if you can pick it up). Great for 1-2 colors, but if you need full color you need to find a DTG printer (Direct To Garment) where they print your digital image directly to the garment. This is the process online shops use but some of them are crappy, your local shop will likely send it off but use a pro service. If you've ever bought a logo tee in a department store or whatever is is likely DTG, screenprinting is a bit of a lost art but still great for 1-2 color imo.

Looking at your logo, you'd likely need 4 screens which each cost $, or you could do one color (black logo on light tees for example), or, DTG.

I ordered from http://www.vistaprint.com they still look good after one year
13936806_10209332012670468_1756264666_n.jpg

There's tricks you can do too. Example, you pick a red shirt and you don't need the red color. Then, you print a black or white logo and the pepper is transparent (open space) so it shows as red. Would actually look nice on any color shirt, the pepper is the color of the shirt, the rest is the ink color. You could add the stripes in too. 1-color printing is cheap! Also it is bold, high contrast, and effective. Think of an Adidas logo on a shirt.

I had a $100 gift card from them and they went bankrupt and won't honor it. Haha boooo.

Yeah, the Gildan brand is not bad for heavyweight tees but the lightweight, combed cotton tees like you get in stores when you buy a tee are much nicer... and you are more likely to sell when you have a good tee AND cool design. For giveaways, Gildan is good.

Ahhh thanks!! I'm not actually interested in printing our own as we don't have the time with all the sauce making!

I was simply curious what people thought about offering them for sale at events, and a decent place to order them online. I could have worded that better in the OP.

The customink website that Joyners suggested looks pretty good. We used Uber Prints before and they turned out great. Just trying to find a good website to print them out at a decent cost. Some of the online sites I've tried were quite expensive..But as you guys suggested it depends on the colors. We have a lot going on in our stuff.

How has the experience been selling shirts though at events. Worth it?

FYI Quantity : (72 minimum) 

Remember if you go to shows you need multiple sizes and colors! 72 shirts is nothing. At hot sauce shows you will need a lot of L and XL. You will also need M, S, and Women's tees. You may want pink for women, and black and white for unisex. You can EASILY order 100, and run out of one size at a show.

Just trying to help but let me give you an example. This is 72 shirts and reasonable by size and color. This doesn't even include a color like red, and you could easily run out of the medium blacks, being at 4, within an hour at a hot sauce conv. :) Not sure how you'd work with 5 or 10 total. Remember, they are advertising for you. And when you order 72, it doesn't cost a lot per shirt. DTG on-demand is very expensive per shirt. You will most likely be taking shirts home, and when you reorder, you can see what is the most popular etc.

1 3xl
2 2xl black
2 2xl white
10 xl black
10 xl white
10 large black
10 large white
4 medium black
4 medium white
3 small black
2 small white
4 large women's cut