• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Got King chili seeds from india. What are they ?

King chili from india??? what are they??? They are dryed and very hot, but home done so have fungus on them so not good to eat. Planted some seeds to day.

Plus planted all the old seeds from 6 months ago so hopping not to have the bumppy leaves that fall off as always. The troubles most of us in hot countries seem to have is at about 3 months the leaves of peppers get bumppy and then fall of so hard to get fruit from any that say 80 days and up for fruit. Was reading about nemodes in the soil here, so was thinking that could be the trouble. Seems to be for me the big trouble always happens ever 3 months. I've never had a pepper not have bumppy leaves then almost die come back then 3 months same trouble. But I've never got 100% dirt not from Thailand. The best I had was a mix of mostly Peat. The Habs in that did pod. Some trouble could be over watering. Could 100% peat fix the trouble??? I can't get peat easy out where I'm at. When I lived in Bkk was easy to get most things but did not have place to grow much.

Right now I've got the same as its always goes, good looking seedling that may be doomed to fail. I've done well from the fast fruiting ones. But the trouble then gets them too.

I've seen chili trees here in other gardens but have not got lucky enough to ask how do they do it.

No idea what a "King Chili" is, love to see some pics of them throughout the grow cycle.

Bumpy leaves is something most of us have but I've never had them all fall off at the three month point. Nematodes in the soil could be part of the problem though I'm not real familiar with them. I do know there are some beneficial ones. There's nothing wrong with using a 100% peat growing medium but you'll have to fertilize the heck out of it and probably have to adjust your pH. Peat is acidic with a pH around 3. Peppers prefer a pH around 6.5.

What you can do is sterilize your soil. You can microwave it or bake it in the oven. That should kill all of the nasties living in it. Best of luck to you.

wonder if it is a gunter style(gunter sannam) with the term meaning "the king of chili", pertaining to the largest production chili of india? i read one article that says india produces 1 billion bags of this type of chili in its peak season. just a guess. (they are red skinned, similar to ceyenne but in its dried state very dark brown/red colouration - they pack a nice heat, hotter than ceyanne but not as hot as a hab).

hard to say what's going on with your soil, you have been a member long enough and i bet you have tried just about everything in the quest for knowledge on bumpy leaves. it does sound like some sort of nutrient stress(too much of something or not enough - hard to tell). if you think it is an nematode issue perhaps baking the soil to kill them or adding dried shrimp shells around the plants may kill them off.

good luck.

Think the King chili came from Assan ??? thats where hes from. He dryed them on his own there a little hotter then a Hab if I can remember but since there is fungus on them I'm not trying to eat any more. Not sure as there dry but the little bit I got on me planting the seeds was a burn, but was using glove but still got abit on me. They don't look like Cayenne. Their 2 inch by 1 inch roughy flat.
P1050058.jpg

soak the seeds in hydrogen peroxide 1 tbsp to 1 cup of water. it will kill the fungus and not hurt the seeds. for your nematode problem use neem oil in the soil will get rid of your problem

Thanks guys. Will try that with the next seeds of them I try to plant as planted some today. Hmm Jolokia. Very cool, I've not had seeds of them for 2 years now. Hope I get some seedlings that live long enough to pod.

thanks for supplying a picture, sure helps, i bought some dried ghost peppers that looked just like that at our local grocery store. however, after opening the package a very strong smokey aroma was present. not one seed out of about 100 germinated. i ended up powdering the peppers.

Back