• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Got some Powders from Pepperlover

I ordered some of the pepper powders from pepperlover.com's website.

And they arrived in today's mail.

This is the first time I've had the opportunity to see Superhot powders first hand.

When I opened the package, I could smell them immediately and just as quickly transferred all of them to a large ziplock bag for safe keeping until I can put them into spice shaker bottles.

I must say that they were powerful, and even though I only touched the outside of the bags they came in and didn't open them, some trace of the powder must have transferred to my hands.

Within minutes my face was getting itchy, and I realized I must have touched my face unconsciously.

So to test if I had anything on my finger tips, I gave them a taste test.

Sure enough, I could feel some heat on my tongue, so I went and washed my hands.

A little while later, I touched my eye and I knew immediately that I had not quite washed my hands well enough.

These powders are indeed powerful, and I now know that in the future, more attention is going to be needed when handling them while tranferring them to their designated containers.

But I'm really looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks again Judy for helping me out with these.

dvg

After doing the same to my poor eyeballs so may times in the past, I use nitrile glove to taste test anything no matter how small the quantity. Who knows, maybe someday we'll all find out that Capsaicin is really the miracle cure for cataracts. WOOHOO!!! :dance:

For everyday use I am really enjoying some Scorpion flakes that WickedMojo sent me. I sprinkle the stuff on pizza or pasta ok ok... I put it on everything. I prefer the powders for cooking but the flakes go on the table and are much safer with kids in the house as it does not get everywhere when you shake it. I hope more people start offering the flakes.

Judy's powders are fantastic. The company I work for has been using her dragons breath to season our spicy chocolate covered bacon. Needless to say, its hot, and its selling well.I would however be interested in flakes, working with the powder can be pretty sketchy with the eyeball-face-fingernail-skin dangers. oh well.

I've inhaled powder while grinding it and thought I was going to die. Seriously, I couldn't catch my breath. Now I wrap a damp towel around the whole food processor while grinding peppers and open it VERY carefully.

Judy's powders are fantastic. The company I work for has been using her dragons breath to season our spicy chocolate covered bacon. Needless to say, its hot, and its selling well.I would however be interested in flakes, working with the powder can be pretty sketchy with the eyeball-face-fingernail-skin dangers. oh well.
this comming season i will add the flakes to the website ... the reason why the powder is high quality bcz every single pod is deseeded by hand so the powder is made without any single seed . also its sun dried. even its time and effort consuming process but results are outstanding

the company just placed more orders for more powder last week

i've had the opportunity to try two of judy's powder - the dragon breath and the trinidad volcano. absolutely outstanding quality on both of them - a little certainly goes a long way!

this comming season i will add the flakes to the website ... the reason why the powder is high quality bcz every single pod is deseeded by hand so the powder is made without any single seed . also its sun dried. even its time and effort consuming process but results are outstanding

WOW! That is a great amount of work for chile powders and something not to be taken lightly!

I have been using Pepperlover's Trinidad Volcano mix the last couple of nights with my evening meals.

This mix has a lot more punch than any of the ground hot pepper powders that I have used previously.

Even just a sprinkling on top of my food is enough to heat up my mouth and get my nose running consistently.

I'm really liking the extra heat that the Superhots are able to provide, as now my food is considerably hotter, while using much less powder.

dvg

It's awesome, just use small amounts and gradually increase from there if you're scared of the burn. I have a cold and have been putting a ton in my soup. Really makes me sweat

Just got my Trinidad Volcano and Dragon Breath superhot powders from Pepperlover. Gave them a new home in a couple of small plastic spice jars. Then I poked my index finger in and the volcano powder and not thinking I had anything on it licked my finger. Well, its been 5 minutes and my toungue is still feeling the burn :mouthonfire: . Am looking forward to trying it on pizza and in other foods, salsas, etc. Thanks, Pepperlover!

Just got my Trinidad Volcano and Dragon Breath superhot powders from Pepperlover. Gave them a new home in a couple of small plastic spice jars. Then I poked my index finger in and the volcano powder and not thinking I had anything on it licked my finger. Well, its been 5 minutes and my toungue is still feeling the burn :mouthonfire: . Am looking forward to trying it on pizza and in other foods, salsas, etc. Thanks, Pepperlover!

Trinidad Volcano definitely delivers the goods when you're looking to add a little extra heat to a dish, or a whole lot of heat if you can handle it that hot. :mouthonfire: :onfire: :woohoo:

My wife and I went out to a Dinner Theater event last Fiday and I brought along a shaker of Judy's Trinidad Volcano.

I wrapped the shaker inside two ziplock bags, just in case of some unforseen spillage... :eek:

When our food arrived at the table, i sprinkled a little on my food and put the bottle back in my pocket.

You'll find that once you get acquainted with these powders that it's hard to go back to eating the unspiced foods...

...and that finding the remedy to that problem is best kept in your own jacket pocket. ;)

dvg

I've been thinking of getting something like this... I mean.. ok... I don't have an insane heat tolerance yet.. I like natural sauces and eating a whole large Habanero by itself instead of mixed with food still kicks my a$$..... but it is sad when I go to typicality hot food country restaurants and make a point to say I like it very very hot.. not Canadian, black pepper from the S&P shaker makes me p!ss my pants hot... I mean hot like give me something that people from the country your food is inspired from will find hot yet I am ALWAYS dissappointed... 1 taste.. and I swear.. tobasco would be hotter...

At least I found one mexican place that was able to get me some heat... I ordered asking for extra hot! and it was baby food cold... so I asked for more hot sauce.. they brought me some choula like hot sauce that was only mildly hotter than franks wussie red hot... eventually when I said that was a bit mild they had one of their (likely real Mexican) cooks mix me up some pico de gallo.. and while it didn't quite burn my mouth I could feel it... and it did get a pretty good sweat going.... plus it tasted soooooo much better than the crap hot sauce... it actually made the meal... they actually said the regular "spicey" version of the food was said to be too hot.... what the hell is wrong with Canadians???? I mean when hot is something between black pepper and tobasco... well I cringe a little

I still think I have a medium heat tolerance now.... but once you get up to the super hot league how the hell can you stand to eat at any place that is "supposed" to serve normally ethnically hot foods? Is carying your own hot powder pack the only way?

Perhaps I need to leave Canada... I can't stand the winters.. and now even the ethnic imports can't spice their food enough for me.... what hope do I have once I graduate into the superhot category??? Maybe I need to move to the Caribbean or to India or something..

Trinidad Volcano definitely delivers the goods when you're looking to add a little extra heat to a dish, or a whole lot of heat if you can handle it that hot. :mouthonfire: :onfire: :woohoo:

My wife and I went out to a Dinner Theater event last Fiday and I brought along a shaker of Judy's Trinidad Volcano.

I wrapped the shaker inside two ziplock bags, just in case of some unforseen spillage... :eek:

When our food arrived at the table, i sprinkled a little on my food and put the bottle back in my pocket.

You'll find that once you get acquainted with these powders that it's hard to go back to eating the unspiced foods...

...and that finding the remedy to that problem is best kept in your own jacket pocket. ;)

dvg

Haha Zokambaa, I think these restaurants tend to tone the food down because they want their customers to keep coming back.

The inability for restaurants to supply an adequate level of heat seems to be a common complaint for chile heads, and I've read from others in different countries with the same concerns.

There is an Indian restaurant in Edmonton called the Red Chili that we ate at recently.

I asked for a spicy dish and they gave me the hottest one on their menu and it was quite notable in it's high level of heat.

They also brought out some very hot spicy pickled peppers for use as a condiment.

I'd have to say that receiving that level of heat at a restaurant in Edmonton is rare and that's why I will carry a shaker of hot pepper powder along, whenever I can remember to bring it.

So I guess you'll have to take matters into your own hands Zokambaa and bring along a bottle of either the hot sauce or powder of your choice to season your food to the desired heat level for your liking.

dvg

Back