• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Got this plant as a gift

I got this plant as a gift.  I'm guessing that the fruit are around 50,000 Scoville units.  The flavour is quite perfumed, especially before they go red.

Any ideas what it is, please?

Photo

The pods look a lot like Aji Omnicolor to me. Do you have any photos of the flowers? If they are baccatum flowers (has green or gold markings inside of a white flower) then I think you most likely have an Omnicolor plant.

Hi

Sorry, I'm not too good at macro photography, but here's a shot of the one and only flower I can find on the plant at the moment.

Cheers

Marcus
In fact, on the photo of the flower you can also see something that looks like bugs on the leaves that might be eating my plant!

Ok, that looks like an annuum flower. At least, I don't see any baccatum markings underneath the horde of aphids. :shocked:  So you probably have an ornamental annuum variety, and not an Omnicolor as I initially thought. Oh, and if the soapy water doesn't solve the aphid problem, I suggest you hit them with some Neem. That has worked well for me with aphid infestations.

Back