• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

grafting

i want to know if anyone has any experience grafting chilli plants and does it make much difference to vigour and yield also what root stocks work best

No experiance here but if i had to pick a root stock it would be a year old Tabasco that was grown in full sun in the ground, grown in Australia by myself. :D

I might experiment with grafting at some point... I'm very curious about the couple papers I've read on graft-induced hybridization in peppers. It doesn't exactly sound practical as a hybridizing technique, but it seems there's some evidence to suggest that grafting a cotelydon-stage or otherwise early-growth scion onto one of the growing points of a much older plant can lead to one-way migration of genetic material into the scion growth beyond simple chimerism.

Sounds like something out of science-fiction to me, but there might be some merit to it.

I've seen this issue raised in this forum a couple of times before in the past.

Some of the members actually made some experiences but as far as I know none had success.

It's a very interesting idea but it might be more trickier than one could expect at first.
We need a member that can sacrifice a couple of plants until he finds what works for this.

Bleash

Back