• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Grass Snake 🐍 in the garden

Less than a week and we got the first Aji Dulce hook from that green pod🥳 I really wasn’t expecting anything to happen with these seeds in fact I just ordered Aji Dulce seed from elsewhere last night. It will be year of the Dulce I guess.
F4B3E1FB-4575-4D27-83E9-6298B601FE7C.jpeg

Last edited:
It will be interesting to compare aji dulce from 2 different sources. This Aji Dulce my grandmother bought at a Chicago market and is possibly imported from Puerto Rico ( so I'd like to think) but I have a feeling it could very well be from the Dominican Republic that exports more produce from what I understand.

The other Aji Dulce seeds are coming from Texashotpeppers. The pod I had looked identical to the pepper pictured on Thpeppers site for Aji Dulce#1

Seed soaking begins today, mainly Chinense and wild varieties but a couple frutescen and baccatum in there as well. With this many different peppers I need to start a pepper glog for 2023. The plan is let them soak in water for 24hrs then strain and wash in colander then let soak again in fresh water for another 24hr. This process might be over kill but it’s mainly to get the stubborn wild types to cooperate.

1265F052-986A-4792-BE58-740799D1FB30.jpeg

That really stinks, GS. I've had times when germination groups performed poorly despite doing things like every other time. It's made me wonder if somehow some fungus/pathogen/whatever got into the soil and caused trouble, but sometimes you just can't explain it.

Are you putting down more seeds? The positive in this is that you still have lots of time.

I'm thinking the peat moss I'm using in my mix is tainted somehow. Going to use a store bought seedling mix next time around. Yes I plan on starting more seeds but my grow list just got substantially smaller.

How come?
I don’t have any more seeds for most of those varieties I attempted to start, most of which were Chinense. Plus Im done buying pepper seeds for this year because I still have all sorts of stuff in the seed vault. Probably going to shift and focus more on the peppers I use more often in the kitchen and those are mainly annuum. It’ll be fun to dig up some old stock and see what I can get going. Luckily there is still time for me to get it together.

Last edited:
@Grass Snake, I’ve got seeds I can send you, but none of the varieties you’ve mentioned in this thread. It’d be mostly Bonnets or superhots. Maybe some C. Pubescens. I think all of my seed stock is from 2018 though. Either way, I’d be happy to share with you, bro. Just let me know 🍻

Th
@Grass Snake, I’ve got seeds I can send you, but none of the varieties you’ve mentioned in this thread. It’d be mostly Bonnets or superhots. Maybe some C. Pubescens. I think all of my seed stock is from 2018 though. Either way, I’d be happy to share with you, bro. Just let me know
Mighty generous Mike but I think I’m good for now. Thanks

Back