• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Grass Snake 🐍 in the garden

Round 2 starting seeds. This time I’ll be using the Jiffy 72 peat pellet starting tray. Most of these seeds are pretty old so we’ll see what happens. Still have Tomatoes and Annuums to start in February.
8A954419-EF9E-4BEA-BF72-0CE8E9F73D9F.jpeg

Last edited:
Fig cuttings are in their temporary home now. I made the mistake of misting the cuttings inside the bag sobelri sent to keep them moist until this weekend. When I opened them up today I noticed they were growing some fungus already :doh:. @Marturo mentioned a bonide Fungicide on another thread that I thought that would be good in this situation. It’s not the same exact stuff he talked about but it should do the trick hopefully. I sprayed them down before putting them in a 50-50 mix of vermiculite and perlite. I watered with a super thrive solution but not sure if it will help with rooting, shouldn’t hurt though. Fingers crossed 🤞
7AF4D43F-365C-4512-982A-BFD67E21D331.jpeg

Last edited:
Wait! So you're using the paper towel/ziplock baggie method to germ test your older seeds, and then you tape them to a window (for warmth I presume). That's a first for me, lol. I'd be a little skerd of the sun in Texas, but I do like the idea. Very creative. Have you done this before?

Wait! So you're using the paper towel/ziplock baggie method to germ test your older seeds, and then you tape them to a window (for warmth I presume). That's a first for me, lol. I'd be a little skerd of the sun in Texas, but I do like the idea. Very creative. Have you done this before?
Yeah it's a method they taught me in elementary. Worked with Lima beans back then so I figured why not. Think the bag just needs to be in a bright location not necessarily the window. I'll put some on the wall next to the window too to see which ones do better.

Last edited:
Here is a article I came across yesterday about the topic. It really hits some good points and gave me the idea of using a coffee filters instead of a paper towel for this process.

I forgot how to grow peppers 😅

Round # 2 of seeds went fungi again.

Not sure why I thought putting the seeds on top of the peat moss vs burying slightly (like I usually do) would be ok way to germinate. Think this is where I went wrong last 2 times. Seeds just sitting on top exposed to light in combination with heat dome and being overly saturated, that's a recipe for disaster. Glad I'm not doing this to survive lol

Last edited:
I'm going to spray that copper fungicide on the seeds to see if it can save them. Anyone ever done this? :think: Then I'll sprinkle a thin layer of peat on top of the seeds so they're not sitting on top. I'll ditch the heat dome for now. This season is already kicking my butt.

It’s probably more trouble than it’s worth for a few lemons to be honest. I already don’t like having to protect it in the winter. Guess it wouldn’t be so bad if I had a Green house or Garage. I picked this one up because it was on clearance and wasn’t thinking haha

And the Money tree is better suited for indoors but we had it outside for awhile and it became infested with ants so its staying outside for now

Keep the Myers’s lemon tree just one more year. It's what I've been doing with my two feijoa shrubs. They both bloom but never seem to set fruit. I've been hand pollinating them for six years now, just to make sure. It'll pay off...

Back