• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Grass Snake 🐍 in the garden

It’s probably more trouble than it’s worth for a few lemons to be honest. I already don’t like having to protect it in the winter. Guess it wouldn’t be so bad if I had a Green house or Garage. I picked this one up because it was on clearance and wasn’t thinking haha
If I could simply leave them outside year-around I'd probably have several by now.

It’s probably more trouble than it’s worth for a few lemons to be honest. I already don’t like having to protect it in the winter. Guess it wouldn’t be so bad if I had a Green house or Garage. I picked this one up because it was on clearance and wasn’t thinking haha

And the Money tree is better suited for indoors but we had it outside for awhile and it became infested with ants so its staying outside for now
Damn, Grassy! You’re on a roll, dude! đŸ˜‚đŸ»

Probably the closest equivalent: Tomatoville

Problem is, you most likely can't sign up. The "Boss" over there is an ornery 'ole cuss. It usually takes months to get approved, sometimes years, sometimes never.

Because of the politics at the above, a small group split off a few years ago and created a new site: Tomato Junction

Just like the pepper folks here, there are a lot of very knowledgeable tomato people over there.

Slow start but things are starting to pick up.
EEC99774-7209-4A8B-B287-56541E5174F3.jpeg

Making big changes in the garden this year. The aquaponics system was in a bad spot come to find out. Going to have to find a place further away from the trees. Not looking forward to digging another hole for the sump tank so might try and redesign without the use of a buried sump. For now I thought it was a good opportunity to add a couple new beds. I worked in some perlite and peat but I still need to fill the rest of the bed with something so going to the store later. Here we grow!

C5947829-894F-4459-B0BE-8CF4F60AD29D.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice!

How fast does the roselle grow from seed in one season? I've been wanting to try it, but don't want to have yet another plant I need to take inside during winter.

Nice!

How fast does the roselle grow from seed in one season? I've been wanting to try it, but don't want to have yet another plant I need to take inside during winter.
This my first year growing roselle but it's related to okra. It's not cold tolerant but you should be able to grow and harvest seeds in the same season for the next. It likes heat and grows fast from what I understand so i'll start Roselle with okra in mid april.

Last edited:
Wait! So you're using the paper towel/ziplock baggie method to germ test your older seeds, and then you tape them to a window (for warmth I presume). That's a first for me, lol. I'd be a little skerd of the sun in Texas, but I do like the idea. Very creative. Have you done this before?
Turns out the window was to hot lol. I put some pepper seeds up there and when I checked them today they were cooking. I think a northside window would be better for this or just a bright location not necessarily a window.

Last edited:
Back